<removed> Paypal scam ,<removed>

Jammill404
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who will take this issue seriously.

On the 27th October 2018 a order when through on <removed> ( 3 x £50 PSN cards). I was totally unaware of this up until the 31st October where paypal sent me email saying they payed for the items since i did not have the funds to cover it. I log into paypal immediately and see my balance in the -XX. I contacted paypal regarding this issue for an unauthorised purchase, they got back to me saying it is all legit that they checked the IP and closed it in the merchants favour. I am 100% sure no one used my account as i am the only one to use it, i have not clicked on any phishing links, i always check the email id to see it it is being masked. I contacted them again and said they can try the "item not received approach". which they did. And again they say that <removed>had sent the item. I did not check this earlier but <removed> did indeed send an email. If you know how <removed>works is that they send you a link which directs you to a section of their site where you can write/redeem the code. so i click the link and it redirects me to my account order history. Note i do have an <removed> account and i was able to check the order history and on there it clearly says order CANCELLED, you can view it further and it also says REFUNDED. i have clear proof (screenshot of this). I also have proof that the link redirects me to my account history. I have contacted them 3 times with no response it has been over a week. Paypal is now pressuring me to cough up the payment. i have also contacted <removed> and am awaiting for a response, since that is where the payment went. Please does anyone know what i can do? Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

lumixmark
Contributor
Contributor

I have just found out it has happened to me this evening, my paypal account has been debited  £46.99 and a further £19.69 to top up a steam account on the 15th october dont know how they did it but had to change my password and dont know what paypal will do about i can only go through the resolution centre ill post what happens 

Login to Me Too

lumixmark
Contributor
Contributor

Went through the resolution centre, 24h later paypal paid back to my account the full amount no questions asked so very pleased

Login to Me Too

duffy77

This also happened to me 10th November 2018. 2 transactions to CDkeys. One for £137 the other for £91. Both transactions were for Xbox £50 gift cards. I never received any Emails from CDKeys or PayPal about the transactions. Only found out when I checked my bank statements. I spoke to PayPal and they investigated it. I had an Email later that day to say my claims had been denied and that it was not unauthorised. I spoke with them again and they tried for goods not received. In the meantime I emailed CDKeys about unauthorised purchases being made and they never even replied back to me. I received an Email today from PayPal denying my claim again saying the merchant gave them proof of shipment. I've spoken to PayPal this evening and they said there is nothing they can do. They also said the purchases were made from my ip address. Spoke to my banks fraud team and they said PayPal is like a bank of its own and they cant do anything about it. Not sure were I go from here. Looks like i've lost £230. I will never trust PayPal with my money ever again.

Login to Me Too

lumixmark
Contributor
Contributor

I am very supprised i found another one on the same date which i missed for playstation network £50 gift card again no idea how someone has done it i have passed this one through the resolution centre again

one question though were your transactions through payal and if they were did they show on your online paypal statement as paypal say if you didnt authorise a payment through paypal you will get a refund for the total amount

I sure you must have a verified account for this to happen as a no questions asked refund though , is your paypal account verified ??

if it is its in their terms and conditions and so long as you go through the resolution centre and tag it as fraud they should refund

Login to Me Too

darkbake
Contributor
Contributor

This sounds very similar to my situation. I got no emails from cd keys saying I purchased the $100 gift cards, and no emails with a redeemable code, either. I did not purchase the two gift cards, I never received them, and it worries me that PayPal could be deceived like this. I lost the last $100 I had for the month, which I was going to spend on food. I hope PayPal can solve this problem, because I can’t afford to lose $100 here and there to hackers.

Login to Me Too

Cast1768

The same thing happened to me, same price too £230. (Sadly it's still going on) PayPal won't do anything about it even though there's lots of people complaining about it.

Login to Me Too

Pwright1
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me this week. Did the situation get resolved I can't afford to loose this money
Login to Me Too

bencandil
Contributor
Contributor

the same for me, 18 nov, 52,39€

Login to Me Too

darkbake
Contributor
Contributor

Somehow the same company charged me for 2 $50 Xbox Gift cards that I did not purchase. What is going on?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.