<Removed> scam?

willieyp
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I got scammed by <Removed>. Any input from the "hive" on how I should proceed with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

It would help if you elaborate what happened rather than say you have been scammed. We need details before we can suggest what it is you might need to do..

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @willieyp,

Oh no! I would advise filing a dispute against the transaction to request a refund. Once that's done, if the merchant doesn't respond, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TommyTubeTone
New Community Member

I placed an order with kukhi.com on 1/16/20 which has posted to my bank but I have not received any confirmation of the order from them., nor does the transaction appear on mt Paypal purchases.

Login to Me Too

jb710
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my description of my experience with my purchase. 
I ordered a Dyson AirWrap. 

After nothing arriving, I opened a case.

In order to provide a tracking number to Paypal, the company mailed me an envelope with Spiderman sticker.

I received Spiderman sticker in the mail with a tracking number that linked to my purchase. I suppose this was so the company could show that they had mailed "something."

After receiving the item, my case was closed.  
Now the case has been reopened.

Watch out and don't throw away your spiderman sticker or the envelope that it came in (so you can show that the tracking number matches and prove that they are doing bate and switch).

Login to Me Too

Dunadan
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! We ordered an InstantPot and they refused to email me a tracking numbet. Then later, for sone reason, we got in the mail a kiddie chinese tiger cartoon sticker in the mail that we NEVER ordered (we don't even have kids!) and we didn't understand why somebody would send us stickers for free? OK, now we see that <Removed> is obviously scamming all their customers by mailing them a cheap sticker instead of the expensive appliance they paid for using PayPal. PayPal should immediately shut down the account of this fradulent activity of "ELIZABETH CORNISH INC" and Refund all their customers money that was scammed by ELIZABETH CORNISH INC.

Login to Me Too

jb710
Contributor
Contributor
It is really strange that they havent yet.
Login to Me Too

Dunadan
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed too, and here's what I did to resolve this....

THE SITUATION

In my case, I ordered an kitchen appliance from this website.  When I asked when my package was, they would NOT email me a tracking number (WARNING SIGN #1). Also, the ONLY items listed for sale on the website UNDER THEIR MAIN MENU were jewelry or essential oils, but the kitchen appliance I had found using Google search was not found anywhere on their website via their website menus/tabs (WARNING SIGN #2).

Then, we got in the USPS mail a kid's cartoon sticker that we NEVER ordered (we don't even have kids!) and we didn't understand why someone would send us stickers for free? But kukhi a.k.a. ELIZABETH CORNISH INC. was doing was they sent that USPS "tracking number" of the cartoon sticker to PayPal as supposed "proof" that my big kitchen appliance package had been delivered to my home (although that "package" was in reality just a cartoon sticker in a tiny envelope instead of the big item I actually paid for.)
NOTE: I later saw from a scamadvisor website that the kukhi website was a new website and had been created and setup LESS THAN 3 months ago! (BIG WARNING SIGN #3).

THE SOLUTION: I used PayPal's "Contact Us" link to talk to a human being and explained the situation.
In my case, I had filed a dispute in the PayPal resolution center previously telling them I had never received my package, for which I got a email from PayPal saying "Your dispute was Denied. This resolution case has been closed".
But I google searched the scam website and I learned that this fraud website was mailing out "decoy" USPS tracking numbers as proof of package delivery that they would send to PayPay to fool the PayPal algorithms into thinking the package had been delivered.  Si then, I CALLED PayPal customer support and explained the situation. She said they had received so many complaints already about this merchant that they had suspended their account and would refund my PayPal money shortly (after they gave the merchant the legally required 10-days to refute my claim). I still had my USPS tracking number and envelope that the cartoon sticker was mailed to me in, and I offered to upload a pic of it as evidence. But she said they didn't need me to send them a pic in this instance, because so many others had filed the same complaint.  So I am expecting PayPal to soon refund of my money. 

But be warned in the future!  Those scammers will shut down their website soon since their account has been suspended, and they will just repeat the same fraud by setting up another new website, so BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THOSE 3 WARNING SIGNS I listed above!

same complaint.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.