<Removed> "Guitar Shop"

N8Dizzy
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a guitar yesterday from Guitar Shop at <Removed> for $95. The guitar model is Ibanez RG421. Today sometime told me the site might not be legitimate. I'm not sure what to do to make sure they don't get my money without sending the guitar.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@N8Dizzy 

Check if its 1 of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tpann76
Contributor
Contributor

I have been ripped off because the actual site where I ordered the guitar from does not exist now and all you can do is look at dresses and women's clothing and my login information does not exist but yet the money was taken from my PayPal. Also if you look up this person's IP address it is outside of Wichita Kansas and they make it seem like your guitar is coming from China. If you look up any of the guitars that they sell it will automatically send you to a website called cool stuff which doesn't sell guitars at all but the other day it took me there every time and even had to order confirmation number and everything. Do not order anything from these people because unfortunately I have lost $96 and if anybody knows how I could get my money back and I am open to advice.

Login to Me Too

d8ma66
Contributor
Contributor

I made the same mistake. Ordered a Taylor guitar for what they claim to have a 70% discount. I'm very disappointed at Paypal for not having a stronger policy to protect online fraud. I'm going to dispute this charge to my bank's credit card and fight it all the way until I get my money back. I will do what it takes to take down this website and I will complain to Paypal for their lack of protection to consumers of online fraud.

Login to Me Too

d8ma66
Contributor
Contributor

Guitar Shop sent a tracking number and appears to have shipped something to me. I will update additional feedback if I receive product.

Login to Me Too

SIXX22CAT
Contributor
Contributor
I searched the tracking number with USPS and guess what??? They say my guitar?(package) was delivered 12 days before I ordered it!!! Wow, they must've read my mind... How can you deliver a package on May 21, 2020, when I didn't order until June 2, 2020!!!
Login to Me Too

darndt1
New Community Member

Did you ever get a guitar?

Login to Me Too

Tpann76
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah but you will notice that the order confirmation did not come from that website it actually came from PayPal. It specifically States on their website that you will get an order confirmation from them. I got the same thing but I am still not expecting a $1,500 guitar to show up that I only paid $96 for
Login to Me Too

WearyTraveler
Contributor
Contributor

Hindsite is all 20/20! Where was all of this info a month ago when I placed my order!? I got directed to this site through what I thought was a news article about China's takeover of Hong Kong when I searched "Guitar Market"! It said that many foreign manufacturers in China had avoided The national tax by warehousing old inventory in Hong Kong and were now subject to the tax! I believed this website was all about the tax recovery! It was Macafee and Pay-pal protected (or so I thought) so where could I go wrong!? I'll tell you where I went wrong.....believing Pay-Pal was actually concerned about their users! Not a bit of help and my very timely actions to point out the fraud were rejected outright because Pay-Pal likes to keep the money they scam from you! I documented every page on their website that I could with screenshots before it just poofed into a dress shop! I reported the website to the Postal Inspectors office as a "MAIL FRAUD" and am currently working with my bank to not only prosecute the site holders but Pay-Pal as well since their lack of control and oversite enabled this scam they are in fact in collusion! I don't care about the money! I just want a pound of flesh!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WearyTraveler 

the information on these china websites or social media ads has been on this forum screaming SCAM for months before you placed your order.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal does not PROTECT you, they give you 'some' buyer protection and its then up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.