lost parcel purchase from gearbest.

heng84
Contributor
Contributor

I have not file dispute yet, I recently purchased xiaomi smartwatch and a usb c cable worth 92usd from gearbest 4th anniversary sale, however item was shipped 22/3/18 and able to be tracked 24/3/18 Shipment Collected 04:15 PM SHENZHEN, CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC Shipment Bound for KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA 04:15 PM SHENZHEN, and then there is no update ever since, contacted gearbest CS they asked me to contact the shipment company, I did and the standard procedure is courier company is to ask me to call back to gearbest and ask. in the end gearbest cs offered 50% refund or topup 50% to get them to send the product again because I did not purchase insurance.

any advice? this purchase is for my wife's birthday gift. what are the odds of me getting full amount if I file dispute in paypal?  should I? if paypal side them I risk losing 100% of my amount, 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If the tracking does not show item delivered and you file dispute for item not received then you should get full refund. Ordering from China can take time but you have 180 days to file dispute via PayPal so as far as filing dispute there's no hurry. I wouldn't accept any other resolution than to receive the item or full refund.
Login to Me Too

heng84
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks for your info.. from the tracking info that I get, the item did not even leave china yet. it was just collected and after that mia, has not passed the china customs for export yet.  who knows if they decide to get the item back or it was missing right after the courier company collect from gearbest. but gearbest trying to put the responsibility to the consumer which I think its unfair, asking me to call my courier company and I get shut down immediately because the item did not left china. asking me to call back the seller.. given that the package went missing at such early stage. if it has travelled to many locations and went missing I would have considered.

ps: there was once in ebay dated few years back.. I purchased 2 car dash cams, seller sent me 2 non-working powerbank, then seller admit his mistake and said he had rectify the problem and re-sent the items, I waited for another 30days. After 30days  I message back to him he acted dumb like as if nothing had happened, I filed paypal dispute and paypal decides to act against me, reason because seller proves that he had shipped item to me with the previous tracking number.  I never used ebay from that day onwards unless I really cant source the stuffs that I want elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.