limited withdrawal

petermaina_
Contributor
Contributor

My account was made limited some few years back. I received a mail that instructed me for 180 days in order to receive my funds. after 180 days i received another mail from PayPal that my funds were eligible for withdrawal.Since i am in Kenya,there are only two options i am allowed to access funds with. either m-pesa withdrawal services or through equity bank Kenya. I tried both options but it was not possible. I contacted equity bank Kenya and they told me restrictions were on the PayPal side. i went ahead and contacted PayPal team and they first told me to wait for 15 minutes before i try making another withdrawal which i did with no success. please help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Agoh
New Community Member
Ndugu yangu pia mimi niko na same problem tufanye aje?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @petermaina_,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble withdrawing funds from your account after 180 days. Unfortunately, Kenyan Equity and M-Pesa via PayPal payments are considered online transactions. If your account is permanently limited, your account would not be eligible to make the transactions to M-Pesa or a Kenyan Equity bank. You would need to add a US bank account. You may also be able to check with your bank to see if they offer a US routing and account number. If you need further assistance with other methods of withdrawal, you have the option to give PayPal customer service a call.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

petermaina_
Contributor
Contributor

paypal sent me an email saying they  I've already made a request to make adjustments on your account for you to withdraw / send your money to MPESA. You will be notified via email once the adjustment has been done. still waiting for the email

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.