limited account

sbs3
New Community Member

The credit card linked to my paypal account as default card was stolen so I cancelled and replaced it.  I linked the new card to my paypal account and set it as the preferred method of payment.  The old card still shows up but it is no longer a valid card.  I tried to pay using paypal and was unable to do so, advised my account was "limited" and I needed to resolve the limitations.  The resolution steps require that I confirm the old, invalid, cancelled card and provide a statement for that card.  I just want to delete this card  but the system is not letting me - it is requiring that I confirm the card and upload a statement for that card which I cannot do.  I have tried sending paypal message through their system but its been over 24 hours with no response.  Any ideas on how I can "unlock" my account and get rid of the old card?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sbs3 

If both cards were from the same card account then why did you not just edit and update the stolen card to the new up to date card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cassiemodo
New Community Member

It doesn't let you. Your choices are to provide an account statement showing their micro deposit, or to add the code from the microdeposit...both of which don't work because that card number was STOLEN. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.