limitations on account

ashjagt
Contributor
Contributor

I have been going in a circle for 3 days with my account limitations. Because there was unauthorized use of my credit card on PayPal, I reported in and my bank covered the cost. Now after 6 months, I can't get use of my Pay Pal account because it wants me to verify the destroyed credit card. I can't verify something I dont have. I put in a new credit card but it won't let me use it. I tried deleting 2 credit cards that are on my account that have been destroyed but it won't let me delete them without verifying them. I'm just stuck! Is there a phone number of some kind that I don't know about? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ashjagt, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you open a chargeback with your card issuer, they will inform PayPal that the card has been used without your authorization. A limitation is automatically placed on the account and you are required to provide proof of ownership for the card that was registered on the PayPal account. As you would be unable to confirm a cancelled card, please upload a letter from your card issuer showing your full name and address as it appears on the PayPal account and the card number. If you are providing a card statement, you can block out the balance and any transactions. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.