learning on the internet

candatay
New Community Member

I am 91 years old [d.o.b. XX-XX-XXX] to keep my brain active I agreed a language course but to my regret after a couple of lessons, the images and voicemail became froz en. I sent an E Mail complaining but had no reply. After 12 months an amount was taken off my credit card without my authority.

- Post edited as per UK Community Guidelines - 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@candatay wrote:

I am 91 years old [d.o.b. 10.02.1927] to keep my brain active I agreed a language course but to my regret after a couple of lessons, the images and voicemail became froz en. I sent an E Mail complaining but had no reply. After 12 months an amount was taken off my credit card without my authority.

Hi @candatay,

You did not need to share your date of birth, in the interests of your security.

If the merchant was not informed of a cancellation request and there is a pre-approved payment in place, there is no foul play on their part. I understand that this was not intentional, so I will provide some assistance with this.

Please click here to manage your pre-approved payments. This will open a list of merchants, which have been provided authorization to charge your PayPal account, in tandem with any subscription renewal agreement you have with them.

Please look for the name of the merchant, then proceed to cancel it. Once cancelled, they will not be able to make future purchases on your PayPal account without your present permission.

You could ask the merchant for a refund also, based on their cancellation policy. As the transaction was technically pre-authorized, there is no ability to claim the funds back as unauthorized.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.