late check (Covis-19): Shipment not received - tracking record: successfully delivered

AmineAbid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On January 2020, I bought a product from a seller on china (it costed around 90 USD). I had no information on the product even after contacting the seller more than once (no tracking number, no status updates, no answers to my emails from the seller, nothing!). On Februar 26, I decided to rise a claim in Paypal (Paypal indicated that I had until March 17th to find a solution; after this date, the claim is going to be closed). Few days later, I received a first email from the seller saying that my product is being shipped and provided me with a tracking number. 

In the meantime, we had the Coronavirus outbreak in Germany, and I was confined in a different location than the indicated shipping address. On march 17, I made a new claim about the shipment being still not received (as indicated in the provided tracking interface at the time of my claim). Paypal said that it would investigate and come back to me in the next few days. They contacted the seller, and he provided them with a tracking record indicating that the shipment was successfully delivered on March 17th around midnight!

Of course, I had no way to fact-check this as I was confined in a different location! So I simply assumed that the package was handed to one of the neighbors (common situation in previous experiences, where the package is left with neighbors and a written notification indicating the neighbor identity is placed in my mailbox). Yesterday, April 30th, I finally made it back home. And I was surprised that no shipment was received! no package, no notifications in my mail box, no package in front of my apartment door, Nothing!

I am confused about what to do. What are my options, knowing that my claim was denied by paypal based on the tracking record provided by the seller! A tracking record saying that the shipment was delivered around midnight, while nothing advises that the shipment made it so far to my address.

Best regards,

Amine

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmineAbid 

Too long can you edit with just the facts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.