'justfashionnow' are scammers, why are Paypal still allowing them to take payment via Paypal?

SilverBeach
Contributor
Contributor

These con artists successfully scammed me out of £50 earlier in the year, I also stupidly spent £15 sending their tat back (thinking I could reclaim using the paypal system - that didn't work out), because sending the rubbish they sent back TO CHINA was the 'only' way to get a refund.  If you look at Trustpilot you can see over 600 reviews from people they have also scammed (they also do a weekly batch of sockpuppet/fake reviews which praise the company - Trustpilot have cottoned onto this and clean through, but the aim of the fake ones is to drown out the real ones, ALL of which tell the real story).

I asked for my dispute (which was dropped without being resolved due to timing out - another trick justfashionnow use, just spending a long time keeping you hanging so you run out of time to go through the legitimate channels).  Paypal at the time said they would 'look into it' and the company and their underhand rip off scamming - clearly they will have had 100's if not 1000's report these criminals to Paypal, however they are still being allowed to trade using the Paypal name.  Is there anything that can be done about this - can they be stopped, how can this be escalated so that Paypal take notice and these low-life criminals stop taking peoples hard earned money with no come back?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

j_fed
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute  was not being resolved with Justfashionnow, which is also known as CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED.
They are SCAMMERS! Paypal should stop allowing them to take payments!!!

Here my story: I purchased five dresses from JustFashionNow for $123.00. They are absolutely nothing like the website photos. They are of extremely poor quality and poor workmanship! The photos show a lovely clothes in a soft linen look fabric and gorgeous colors. The things that arrived 8-10 weeks later in separate shipments were nothing like the fabric or color or even size. The things/fabric resembled something you would never wear even being punish that badly. I made repeated attempts to contact them, eventually succeeding, but they would not give my money back, offering instead to give 25% discount off another purchase, NO THANKS. I had sent dresses back at a cost of $27.00  out of my pocket - perhaps stupidly, but I really wanted to follow up all steps on return policy. After many attempts to get my money back I ended up lodging a claim through PayPal. The case was reviewed with a final conclusion: "not in my favor". Bad job on investigation of this company, Pay Pall… I  am not getting my money back but I am doing everything I can to stop others from falling for this scam.

Login to Me Too

Frazette
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I had read these comments before hand.

I also ordered a dress from them (Mostata) costing £29, after repeatedly emailing them...I eventually get a response offering 10% off, but still not telling me the return address.

I have escalated with paypal and also said it might be worth paypal reviewing their account and ensuring their customers are not scammed in this way.

Hmmmm I am sensing they do not care.

Login to Me Too

trebelle
New Community Member
They won't give me the address either I think they wait for your 15 day deadline to return, I keep bombarding them with emails, so have complained through PayPal
Login to Me Too

Wansong
New Community Member

Just Fashion Now is advertising products that THEY DO NOT SELL!  This is considered fraudulent advertising.  I don't understand why they are allowed to stay in business.  I ordered a pair of sandals and I was extremely familiar with the sandals because I had previously owned a pair and they were my favorite pair.  I was excited to find the sandals again at a decent price.  They sent me an extremely poor replica that did not function or fit the same.  The sandals advertised had an internal wire that held the strap in place as it wraps up your leg.  The sandals that they sent had no internal wire but had terribly placed strips of Velcro which meant the sandals didn't fit the same.  That is the same as ordering an electric can opener that you have to manually crank.  It doesn't function the same and that's the main reason you purchased that specific item with that specific function.  

The only way to get a refund is to mail the package to CHINA and YOU are responsible for paying for the return shipping.  I should NOT have to pay ONE DIME to return an item that I DID NOT PURCHASE!!!!  Either way, you are paying money and receiving absolutely nothing that you would use.  

Login to Me Too

JaneMarland153
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no! I have only just started to try and get a refund via PayPal dispute as I have tried many weeks to deal with JustNowFashion’s customer service. But to no avail. This is not looking good. So why is PayPal trading with them? Depending on how this ends, I may leave PayPal. There are other secure banking options out there. Did you finally get a refund? Should I mail back the items as the company requests?
Login to Me Too

AirdrieCnada
New Community Member

These people are crooks! 

They:

• put fake pictures and models up wearing outfits that are designed by big brands
  • then they re-create them using
    • garbage fabric that isn't even close to the real patterns/colors and quality in images,
    • poor measurements (they use models who are 5'4", small frame and then size according to weight (ranging from 100 lbs to 300 lbs), 
    • poor sewing (seams fall apart in first wash
  • Then they delay delivery so that you no longer can dispute the order and the false advertising, 
  • And finally insist that they will give you your money back as soon as you ship it back to China.  And in NEVER arrives. 

They have figured out the North American rip-off game brilliantly.  So, why aren't our governments and online social media accounts, etc. doing anything about this?  They don't want to "offend" anyone!  So, I guess we're left holding the bag of these companies who do nothing but rip off the average North American shopping online.  It's criminal!  And our governments need to get their head's around censoring this garbage instead of censoring things that don't matter.  Can they not see what this will do to our own economies?  It's highway robbery!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.