jiadi are crooks and PayPal is no help

dougcrice
Contributor
Contributor

These people run a bait and switch operation, selling an electric branch pruner and shipping a hand operated one which cost maybe $1 in China. They are smart enough to work the PayPal system to keep you from getting PayPal to give you a refund.  The end game is to require you to return the item using a shipping method with tracking. Initially asking for UPS or DHL, which costs $100 to get a $50 refund. Finally they will accept any trackable means, maybe regular mail, which still costs almost as much as the refund.  If PayPal would just read the correspondence and check their rating on the Internet, they would see that it's a scam, but their automated computer system just keeps the mail going back and forth.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dougcrice 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dougcrice
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get a refund from PayPal.  The scam artists are smart enough to keep working the PayPal automated system, but the key is to get in touch with a real person at PayPal.  Use the chat option and tell your story.  Links to other peoples reports of problems with the same scam helped in my case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.