items purchsed

JAZZDANCER49
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased several items from out side the US.  They are worthless.  I've tried to get a refund and they want me to pay for postage which is more than I paid for the items

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @JAZZDANCER49 

In a case where you have not received or have not had a satisfactory purchase, then you are able to file a dispute with PayPal for the payment you had sent and please provide any information/proof required by the claim

You can do this in the resolution centre! 

Thanks,

Harley

If this help please give me a kudo! 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @JAZZDANCER49 

In a case where you have not received or have not had a satisfactory purchase, then you are able to file a dispute with PayPal for the payment you had sent and please provide any information/proof required by the claim

You can do this in the resolution centre! 

Thanks,

Harley

If this help please give me a kudo! 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JAZZDANCER49 

Even if you win a dispute this would apply......

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction....or the correct one for your country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.