items not ordered but received receipt via messenger for £135

Babahyagah
Contributor
Contributor

i never ordered anything today ( 4 days since i did ) and never from this "seller". received a messenger delivered receipt saying id purchased air pods wires etc etc for £135 today at 13.57.               at 13.58 my paypal shows a reversal. but nothing in my account. the guys phone number is a uk one so i rang it and i emailed him. no reply to either. my bank cooperative bank says its takes ten days to investigate as does paypal. 

guy says hes in kent uk about 300miles away. gives pickup point for good as costcutter a pawnshop type setup. 

Im seriously considering scrapping my paypal. they have the chance to halt the transfer of funds from my bank as its sunday but no....it takes ten days. this is appaling

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Babahyagah 

There was a reversal issued, it just takes institutions that long to post the funds back. Back in the day, it took 30 days because we had to wait for paper statements to be mailed out. These days it takes a week due to online banking, 10 days but it is industry standard by law to allow up to 30 days, at least in the US.

We have to understand, these things can't be halted in the way that we want it to be halted. Otherwise, it would be. This isn't Minority Report. Pre-cogs telling the future to prevent stuff from happening and what not.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Babahyagah
Contributor
Contributor

i take your point .....    most worrying thing was the possibility a thief could use the system.       Id even come to mistrust the PP system in telling me it was reversed.      

thanks for for the heads up n bringing me back to reality

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Babahyagah 

I can dig it. Even still, and when it is thieves, the mess has to be mopped up afterwards as there will be investigations by the institutions to be sure of what it all was, and that takes time. 😞 Think of it though, its not just your transaction, there could be any number of transactions with the same issue going off all over the world at the same time at many banks to many customers and each have to be reviewed. Just keep an eye on the refund from your bank and on the refund status in your PayPal account activity.

Cheers!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.