items missing, items damaged, empty boxes (yet case closed in favor of Seller)

GrantMM
New Community Member

Hello PayPal,

I have been a member of PayPal for as long as I can remember and this is my first actual dispute where things just did not work out at all. I sent in a claim with pictures of products damaged / deformed, items missing from the order (5 chairs arrived out of 9 chairs), and lastly 3 boxes arrived by FedEx completely empty (they shipped empty boxes!)

How on earth does PayPal close this case with, "Decided in the seller's favor."?

I provided pictures of damaged/deformed packages, even a video of me opening the 3rd empty box as proof, the guy from FedEx was still in my house saying things like, "we just ship the packages, I do not know."

Then today I log into PayPal and get this:

https://gyazo.com/ba3736c10e5a97c3b692a935eaf1a0e2

PayPal, how ow on earth do you have my back?

Also, how is a case closed without any input from my end and why would I not be able to reopen a case?

Something is very wrong here.

Sincerely,
Grant

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mitty55
New Community Member

What you have to learn as a buyer, is that a seller can send you an empty package, or maybe missing items with no consequence to them. If the package has a tracking number, it will show delivered. What it doesn't show is what was in the package, if anything. You just got ripped off, and pay pal will take the side of the seller because the "package was delivered". It's a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.