is this a scam?

atapia11
New Community Member

Im selling a macbook pro and was asked to ship it to florida from SF. 

i never got the email confirmation that he sent the money through paypal but then i got this email in my spam

Hello 

Thank you for using PayPal® as your secure online payment auction.

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has already been "APPROVED" but will 'NOT' be credited to your account until you send us the shipping tracking number for verification. This security measure is embark on due to the fact that, the buyer is subscribed under PayPal User Protection Policy (PUPP).So to secure this transaction 100% scam free,we urge you to get the package ship and email the tracking number to us for confirmation and to enable us proceed in crediting  the funds into your account.

Click on the PayPal.com link to enter your tracking number and,our customer care service will attend to you as soon as the shipment tracking number is received for security purposes and the safety of both parties. This will enable us credit your account immediately we verify and confirm the tracking number.

We Offer 100% Seller Protection; We are not eligible to disclose your financial information when you make or receive payments. This is to eradicate all forms of scam/fraudulent practices and we want you to know that you're on the safer ends here because the money in question has already been deducted from the buyer's account and cannot be reverse/refund back to the buyer until you complete this transaction by getting the package shipped and get back to us with the shipment proof has we stated above.

Yours sincerely,
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi Atapia11,

Welcome to our Community!

You are correct to be suspicious of this activity. This is not a genuine correspondence from PayPal. Please review the following link for information on such scams https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity. The amount received will always appear on your account, if it is not available it will be placed in a pending balance section but always visible.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.