is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Bravo4aimee1
Contributor
Contributor
What was it that yall purchased? Im pretty sure this is Nikes.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525GO
Contributor
Contributor
How do i complain i bought stuff as a birthday present so doubt im going to get it
Login to Me Too

Lendy44
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem I never receive confirmation email or hear anything from them after ordered item and there's no reply to my email either I can't find website page after ordered 100% scam
Login to Me Too

Redneckmd
Contributor
Contributor

It is a scam. You will get a fake tracking number soon. Dispute with card company or PayPal, both will fight you hard on it. 

Login to Me Too

traveltek1
I had same issue with them. I ordered a 75" ROKU TV. Seller recieved $113.85 from PayPal charged to my credit card. But as of today, with many Email s sent to seller, I am out the money, received no correspondence from seller, and still not received the TV!!
Login to Me Too

Angry424
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is no help even though they obviously have to realize by now that this seller is a scammer. Charged me for 8 cat fountains when I only ordered 1. Still after 6 weeks have not received even 1, let alone 8 items. PayPal closed my claim without ever getting reply from seller. They don't care!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi and thank you for posting to our Community. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a  purchase. You can appeal the outcome of a claim if there is new information that wasn't considered in your original claim. Please let us know if you have new information about the case, for instance a report from the courier showing that the item was delivered elsewhere, so we can file an appeal for you.  You may click on Contact Us at the bottom of the PayPal page to reach us via phone, chat, or email.  

Login to Me Too

ricklavoie

In my case, I never ordered anything from them. They claim I ordered a "#5 Windows VPS", which I never did. I am on Apple Mac, so I have NO reason to order a Windows VPS!  I have changed all my security settings: password, security questions, email, and added 2FA - two factor authentication.

Also, how could this happen. I never made this transaction.

Is there a way to block 163.com from any future fraudulant transactions?

Login to Me Too

Angry424
Contributor
Contributor
Close your PayPal account. Seems it's the only form of payment they use
Login to Me Too

Gulfwar2003
New Community Member

For all of you who filed a dispute with PayPal . Although PayPal for most purposes intended is a great platform for commerce and the transfer of funds form one hand to the next , so long as PayPal is making money off of your business dealings they could give two craps if the place you bought from is legit or not .

They make money only if funds continue to move without dispute or having to refund monies to customers like you.

Why would I recognize 5,000 fraudulent transactions a day if I knew I was loosing the funds related to each of those ? 

If it looks too good to be true and you cant make actually contact conformation with the company DONT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED $$$$$$ !!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.