is 163.com address a scam?

Lizasc
Contributor
Contributor

Seller info: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]com didn't send my item and Paypal has refused to refund my money.Paypal states they were supplied with a delivery receipt around 5-2021. an email was sent to me and I found it in my junk folder on 9-2021, I asked for a copy and It was not supplied. they just closed my dispute and said, The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection. This was for a computer that would not have fit in my mailbox.  The only thing I got was a notice from "USPS Informed Delivery" that a pkg from stamps.com was arriving in my mailbox but i never received anything. I guess I'm going to American Express now to report Paypal?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Your message contains contradictory information.

Are you signed up to received USPS Informed Delivery? I get notifications from them of deliveries to me. If yes, then the delivery notification *from them* is valid. However, if the item was too big to go to into your mailbox, several things could have happened. Which? I can't tell.

1. It was left next to your mailbox--and it was stolen. See if your home insurance covers packages stolen from your residence (it might).

2. It was NOT left by USPS--they took it back to the post office (temporary hold for instructions from you). This is stated in the notice of delivery.

3. If they took it back to the post office, then you had a certain number of days to tell USPS what to do. If they heard nothing, then the package was sent back to the sender (as you did not tell them to deliver it to you within the stated time period).

Login to Me Too

Lizasc
Contributor
Contributor
I receive daily emails for USPS INFORMED DELIVERY. The date this "package" showed delivered has no deliveries that day. No deliveries posted that I didn't receive weeks in either direction. I've only ever received 2 notifications from USPS concerning a package from stamps.com that I never received. I didn't check on them because I never ordered from stamps.com and wasn't concerned. I've filed with American Express and they have credited my account and will advise if there is a reverse ruling by November. Thanks for taking the time to reply .
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

If Informed Delivery did not show the package "in transit", "to be delivered", and then "delivered--saying where the package was left", then this is another case of package delivery fraud. Paypal will possibly put a reverse charge on your Paypal account (showing you owe them the $$$). However, if you have a FAKE Informed Delivery notice, you can send that to Paypal as proof the package was never delivered. Be sure to include all the headers in that e-mail notice, as that will show where the message entered the system--and that will not be from the USPS. If  you can tell the Informed Delivery notice you received is fake, contact Paypal using the online chat function. Tell them you received a counterfeit Informed Delivery notice and you need to send it to them (with the headers) so they can verify it is fake. Then Paypal should undo all the problems they created.

Login to Me Too

Lizasc
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Thank you. I have no information to send to PayPal. I've turned it over to American Express. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

nevergiveup3
Contributor
Contributor
My advice is don't give up!  Paypal DOES NOT want to refund your money and will throw up roadblocks in order to not have to!  Open another claim, and keep opening them and requesting to speak to the director of the call center and/or request to report the PP rep for not helping.  Open chat messages as well, that is how I got my issue resolved.  My experience is not exactly the same, but I'll detail it for you below, also, you might try googling to see if anyone one has had similar experiences and how they resolved.  Scammers are betting that you will give up before they have to let go of the money they scammed, don't let them win!

My response that I am posting everywhere I can:

It is most likely a scam!  I have done some research on these companies because I too got scammed by one of them called Ruby Reefy aka Kiminoko LTD.  I ordered the bumper boats, 3 of them for one hundred thirty dollars on July 7, 2021.  Less than 2 hours later I sent an email requesting to cancel.  The first reply said they would cancel with a $5 restocking fee, within minutes I rec'd another reply saying the items had already shipped which I knew was BS.  They did provide a YunExpress tracking number, which for over a month had no updates whatsoever. 

I filed a Paypal dispute, but since this was the first time I had ever disputed a Paypal transaction, I didn't realize how they worked.  The 1st level dispute is just an email to the scammer company.  They replied with the tracking number and the dispute was promptly closed.  I wasn't even notified that Paypal had closed it! To get Paypal involved you have to escalate it to a claim through their resolution center, which is hard to find on the Paypal website.  And you can not access it on the App, has to be the website. I actually could not find it at all until I googled "Paypal Resolution Center" and and found a link I could follow, but be careful following unknown links!.

On August 20th I filed a 2nd dispute and escalated it to a claim for items not rec'd.  Well, wouldn't you know it, on 8/24 the tracking # shows that the "item" had reached the sorting facility in SHENZHEN. Fast forward to 9/4 when it said the "item" had been delivered to my mailbox.  I was out of town, but scratching my head as to how the USPS fit a package with 3 person-sized bumper boats into my mailbox lol.  Well, what had been delivered was nothing but a piece of bubble wrap with a tracking label on it.  Scammed!!  I couldn't figure out how to update my open claim, so I started a chat message with Paypal customer service referencing my claim ID # and stating what had come in the mail.  But... I made the mistake of saying I had rec'd a piece of plastic with the tracking # on it.  I tried to send a pic but the paypal rep said it must be corrupted, ok....  What I MEANT was the tracking # was affixed to a plastic-y piece of material ie bubble wrap.  Well, the PP rep jump on that and said that since I had rec'd SOMETHING they were changing the claim to "item rec'd was not as described" and the company now had 10 more days to reply.  AND that I could file a claim with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is the FBI.  Yeah, I am sure my $130 claim would get high priority with them!  But, according to the PP rep, I could forward PP proof of filing with the ICC.gov and then I wouldn't have to return the "item" to get the refund.  ok, now I'm thinking Paypal is in on the scam lol!  And I start doing a bit of googling and find out that this is a common scam, if you receive ANYTHING at all, even if it is not remotely what you ordered, the claim is more likely to be decided in the scammers favor.  So I sent about 10 messages this morning, requesting to file a complaint against the PP rep that changed the claim from "item not rec'd" to "item not as described" and reiterated in every message that I DID NOT RECEIVE AN ITEM.  Something worked!  And I got a message that they were refunding my money.  Of course I have to 3-5 days and my bank can take up to 30 days yada yada... so not counting on it until it is in the bank...but progress!  Also, I made sure to go to the automatic payment section of Paypal and remove the scam company from being authorized there.  Sorry this is so long, but I hope my experience helps someone else with their claim!

Login to Me Too

Lizasc
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I didn't receive anything. No receipt from vendor, or paypal no confirmation of tracking, only email was from American Express stating a charge was made in the correct amount to Paypal with card not being present. PayPal closed both claims in the resolution center I filed and refiled. So I've turned it over to American Express to solve for me. Thanks again.Good luck to you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.