is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

geenza

Were you able to resolve this?
My first attempt at a dispute was denied, and I'm not sure best steps to get it investigated.

Login to Me Too

Jlpop
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 get 3free AI ROBOTS from bolonii. Recieved 2 today not 23inches tall but 10 inches tall. What I thought I was getting was not what I got. My Xmas for my grandchildren is now ruined. All my money is gone and I have been scammed. I don't know how to fix this. People and company's ruin peoples hopes and dreams.
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker https://www.usa.gov/state-attorney-general http://www.ic3.gov/ REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY!!! Document, record, screenshot and save as much evidence that you currently have and anymore that you can discover about your victimization and this fraudulent activity. You will be given the opportunity to submit any and all information that you have in your dispute claim with PayPal. If you have more data to submit than is allowed in your original dispute claim you will be able to add more afterwards. Message PayPal’s chat and ask about the dispute concerning this issue. Eventually they will ask you if you have more information pertaining to your case and be given a link to submit more files. If you want your money back you must be persistent about this.
Login to Me Too

RTD2

Purchased two tires and rims from 163.com on what appeared to be a legit site. Received confirmation from PayPal making me feel great about the purchase. Two days later received another PayPal email confirmation of shipment with UPS tracking number. Tracking showed delivered to an address that does not exist by UPS. Red flag was the 5.63 pounds weight. Two tires and rims would have been well over 50 pounds. When I called UPS they would not confirm the exact address stating security reasons. Followed up with PayPal who did not show the charge. Contacted my bank and credit card company and confirmed the charge that Pay Pal didn't show but was sending confirmation for shipping. Canceled my credit card and disputed the charges with them. This clearly is a sophisticated scam that appears to be taking online shoppers for a few bucks using PayPal as cover. UPS actually told me the order originated at Amazon that they picked up so this hack is into very large companies.

Login to Me Too

Lindab12
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a bicycle for $99.99. I never received my bike but they have my money. The UPS tracking number shows the item was delivered. The item weighed £1 which I haven't seen a bicycle that weighs £1. Pay pal is not really interesting in looking into this issue now that I'm the large volume of complaints about 163. com. Well I'll wait and see what they say with the dispute and if it is not settled in my favor I'm gonna call the news. They can look this up on pay pal and see all the complaints and see how pay pal is treating their users. Maybe pay pal's the hacker haha
Login to Me Too

gunser
Contributor
Contributor
Yes - the tracking number that shows delivered is creating a huge issue in proving my case.
Login to Me Too

Tponddunn
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue. Tracking number provided, which I did not receive. UPS says they can only give information to the seller. I only have email address ending in 163.com, and the seller has not responded to my email. Tracking info says it shipped from Amazon facility in Lakeland, FL which I did not order from Amazon. I used Paypal, thinking I would be protected if it was a fraudulent website.
Login to Me Too

DilloDean
Contributor
Contributor
I initially posted to this after getting scammed by them last summer. Fortunately I was able to recoup about half of my cost. Why PayPal continues to do business with this group is beyond me. Every time I ask them why I never get a response. It’s ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Lindab12
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. I am extremely upset with pay pal because they said that if I don't give them more information, that I don't have because the seller didn't provide it, that they would side with the seller in this dispute would be over. What? I don't understand. I think I'm gonna call the News station and see if somebody there I'll take a look at it since there are so many complaints in this community forum of pay pal. I will never use pay pal again
Login to Me Too

haleme
Contributor
Contributor

I also got dupped by the low priced that showed up in my search results. Air Lif[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]2nd Generation and Mobile App WirelessOne [KG8K2C934] - $94....

The price was over $150 off the next cheapest seller and the site listed a phone number and Texas address. Looked reasonably legitimate. Site only took PayPal. I used my AMEX to pay so I had two companies to dispute with if it was a hoax. It was a hoax Chinese site and nothing has appeared. The seller has a 163.com email address and they posted a UPS tracking number that states a package from AZ, not TX, was delivered to a garage door in my zip code. I searched my property and found nothing. Called UPS and they could not disclose the address it was delivered, but confirmed the name and address on the package did not match my name or address.

I called the number on the website. Disconnected line in Indiana. The address on the website is a middle of nowhere road in Texas. Emails to the address on the site have bounced back due to unknown destination.

I have filed a dispute with PayPay and I will not give up until my money is refunded. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.