is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Dub608
Contributor
Contributor
I believe I just fell victim to this Friday... 80$ gone too... Anyone dispute it and get refunded?
Login to Me Too

knightsga
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they are a total scam.  I lost $175 to them.  They will not reply to emails.  I filed with Paypal, but was denied a refund when the seller told them I had the item delivered and supplied the tracking number.  However, the item I got was only a wrist trinket.  163..com uses that method to "prove" they shipped you your order though it will only be a 20 cent trinket.  Paypal would not readdress my complaint for refund.  I do not use PayPal any longer unless it is a USA firm.  This firm continues to take orders, but will not deliver and Paypal condones it.  

Login to Me Too

gunser
Contributor
Contributor

I also have been scammed. A bizzare and "legitimate" tracking number states UPS delivered to my front door. The supposed package that was delivered was 1.3 pounds. I wondered if they did something stupid like sent me a miniature or something (which I've heard has happened). However, there was never a package delivered. My package would have been closer to 40 pounds as it was a kayak! I don't know how they were able to get UPS involved with their scam but they did. I get packages delivered to my door weekly and I have never had a problem with a missing package. And if this was the real thing, I'd doubt a package pirate could get away with a kayak.

The website I ordered from was a legite website through sundolphin, but I cannot find the site anymore - so I assume they took it down. The receipt I received through paypal does not include a description of my purchase. There is also no address or phone number to contact, just this <removed> address. When I made the purchase, I never made it to a page to review the purchase - it just made the charge through paypal and gave me the receipt with no information to contact. I agree - I cannot believe Paypal is associated with a company who clearly has a plethora of complaints against them.

Login to Me Too

knightsga
Contributor
Contributor

As I stated in my earlier reply, I thought back on my order and realized I had received a nylon wrist trinket earlier and felt it was a fluke from China.  That little trinket cost me $175 when 163.com should have sent what I actually ordered.  That packet with tracking number is how Paypal determined I got my order and my refund denied.  A hard lesson learned and left a bad taste in Paypal for me.  

Login to Me Too

gunser
Contributor
Contributor
I had a tracking number to UPS who says I got a delivery at my front door. Didn't get anything delivered. UPS said my pkg was 1.3 pds but I ordered a kayak weighing in at over 30 pds? UPS wants a receipt with a description of my order but of course I never received one and the info on paypal only stated an oriental name w the 163.com email - of which I emailed and have had no confirmation. 😔
Login to Me Too

Sanganifauzia
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered toys. Paid email end with 163.com .. never get order confirmation. No reply from email. I am surprise PayPal still paying money to them and not securing customers. I thought if I am paying with pay pal it’s fraudulent website and scam. And PayPal not taking action
Login to Me Too

Sanganifauzia
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks to pay pal. They close the claim in my favor and got refund of 67 USD
Login to Me Too

Rogues
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue as others have noted and after raising concerns with PayPall they processed a full refund.

Very grateful for their quick response.

It seems that 163.com is defiinitely a scam which piggy backs off legitimate websites and should be avoided at all costs.  

Be careful out there!

Login to Me Too

adsayre
New Community Member

Out $129.99 due to this. PayPal threw out dispute 5 times. Didn't send product ordered but won't refund me either. The fact that PayPal is allowing this and not backing the purchase as they say they do has me rethinking using them at all. What's the point?

Login to Me Too

knightsga
Contributor
Contributor

Join the group.  The firm is a total scam.  Do not expect an email reply from them not a refund from Paypal.  Once 163.com responds to Paypal with a "tracking number" for something you had not ordered, then Paypal closes your case and denied you a refund.  Hard lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.