is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Temp20201229f
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, we should assume that. I’m trying to quit them forever, but they make that almost impossible. I’m worried that my personal information is there in paypals system waiting to be hacked. I’ll be changing my credit card numbers on file with them. I don’t consider paypal to be trustworthy after this experience.
Login to Me Too

dr4710
Contributor
Contributor

This most certainly is a scam.  I've been duped out of $114 for a 10ft pool.  They sent me a kid's party favor that you blow.

The email that is tied to the Paypal is <removed>

Login to Me Too

PistachioSorbet
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update - I am appealing my PayPal ruling in which PayPal sided in favor of the scammers.

For the appeal, they are giving the scammers additional time to respond to the inquiry.

Login to Me Too

Billyioinaire
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome! Keep us posted! My verdict should be in by next Monday. If they’re siding with the seller, then I want to see the actual communication where the seller responded and provided PayPal with our order confirmation emails (never received) as well as the shipping tracking showing proof is delivery to us. If they are saying the orders are valid then prove it, PayPal! There should be no problem providing that info. Show me the evidence.
Login to Me Too

Corbyearl
I'd like to see some proof too. Let me know if they actually do
Login to Me Too

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor

how do I file an appeal of Paypals decision to deny my claim that 163.com is a scam?

Login to Me Too

tiffmpierre
Contributor
Contributor
I tried opening a new case and it automatically closed saying my dispute had already been resolved, but I have seen a couple of folks here on community indicate there is an appeal button on the original case. Try looking there. I don't have one though so I don't know if an appeal is available on a case by case basis.
Login to Me Too

EduardoFromPort
Contributor
Contributor

That happened to me 😞 

Login to Me Too

PistachioSorbet
Contributor
Contributor
It wasn't easy to get an appeal. I had to go into the messages center and chat directly with a customer services representative to get this looked at. They told me that my case had been miscategorized and restarted the process. I'm not optimistic that this will lead to a good outcome.
Login to Me Too

1jaustin
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same responses to my problem as well.  Now apparently we have to wait 30 days for the scammer to "retrieve" his money then I must file another complaint as to never having received the products ordered.  NOT using paypal ever again.  I have no "appeal" option either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.