i received notification on my bank apps that a transaction was made

chamyism
Contributor
Contributor

i have a paypal business account, but i also use my paypal for personal purchases.

so, i have my cards connected to that account.

yesterday, i got a notification on my phone from all my banks (that's connected to my paypal) that a transaction for $540

was made.  Good thing it declined for insufficient funds. it came back as paypal *6P2bfAO San Francisco, CA to all my bank apps.

mind you, paypal is the only connection between all my banks. i can't report it to paypal because its not on any of my payment transactions.

i got worried so i just removed all my banks, cards, changed password and email address for the account.

has this ever happened to anybody?  should i just shut down my account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

1radtoy
New Community Member

funny,   i just spent 6 hours on the phone with Paypal.  I had 4 transactions that were denied by and one that actually cleared.  American Express. Chase, Amazon and Walmart all found fraudulent activity and I had to cancel all my cards.  Guess who denied my claims...PAYPAL.  They told me they could not see any bad activity.  4 walmart gift cards for Playstation 2 Amazon gift cards for xbox.  All were denied but one which was actually refunded anyway for fraud.  Paypal said all activity was normal.  

I will have to cancel my Paypal and reopena new one as Paypal is just really ignorant

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.