i have never sold anything on PayPal why are they holding my unemployment direct deposit

I was receiving my unemployment benefits thru paypal because i dont have a checking account. I have never sold anything on paypal. I receive regular payments from the Kansas Department of Labor. I then got a 12,000 dollar back payment from KDOL and all of a sudden my accounts are frozen and i can no longer use paypal services. I can't even use my paypal debit card which already had money on it from before this incident. And they are going to hold all of my money for 180 days and they wont tell me why. /what do i do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kimmyc6982
New Community Member
I too receive my unemployment on this card for 3. Weeks now, and every week my account has restrictions and i have to go through the hassle of providing the same information again and again , I don’t have a bank account to provide a bank statement . Every week they apologize and say it won’t happen again , yet every week it does. I can’t pay bills or buy food until the restrictions are fixed . Ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.