i got scammed.

ShahbazKhan
New Community Member

Dear Payapl, i sold a Twitter account to a Twitter user for $80 and she paid me $40 in advance and and said she'll give me $40 after i give her the password so i gave her the account and after getting the account she blocked me and didn't send me the rest $40 and now she's claiming that she sent that $40 by mistake and now my payment is on hold from your side. i have proofs that she's a fraud. please help me with this and tell me what do i do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShahbazKhan 

1. You NEVER send anything until you have full payment.

2. There is 0 paypal seller protection for virtual or digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk SO if a buyer wins a dispute for an unauthorised transaction or a chargeback then you would not be reimbursed by paypal as you would have no protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShahbazKhan 

Not so fast.

PayPal India:

7. PayPal Seller Protection.

“Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)” means any compelling evidence to show the purchase order was fulfilled that includes all of the following:

a. The date the item or service was provided;

b. The recipient’s address (email/IP, etc) where applicable.

Now the question is, where is the buyer located as their purchase protection applies:

PayPal Seller Protection is available for eligible payments from PayPal Account holding buyers in any country. If you sell or market to buyers in other countries, you should read the PayPal Buyer Protection policies of the countries in which your target buyers are based (the relevant PayPal Buyer Protection policies are available here) as these policies will apply to you as a Payment Recipient or Seller.

Let's make sure...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.