i got scammed and paypal denied me a refund

sarmad_dw
Contributor
Contributor

i bought a custom built controller from aim controllers website for 400$, after i received it i used it for couple hours....then one of the buttons (R1) started getting stuck inside when pressed and it wouldn't come out till few seconds. I immediately emailed the company and a guy that works in the company (I've emailed him before for tracking number) explaining to them what happened and i said i didn't want them to repair it and send it back cos after only 1 day of use that happened, what would happened after weeks of use, plus it will just happen again, so i asked for a refund but they didn't respond next day i emailed them both again and still no response, i emailed them a third time and waited a week and they still didn't respond. 
oh and by the way they give lifetime warranty on all their controllers but they still didn't even respond telling me they'll fix it or offering a solution....i basically got scammed...
so i opened a dispute escalated it to paypal. I explained everything i just wrote and sent screenshots of all 6 emails i sent and a screenshot from their website showing they give lifetime warranty to their controllers, yet they still denied my request for a refund and the company still haven't even responded to me. I'm left in the dark with a 400$ controller that i cant use because it doesnt work properly.....can someone please help me, what should i do??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sarmad_dw 

They denied claim because it was a custom made item.

"Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Buyer Protection Policy:

- Significantly Not As Described claims for wholly or partly custom-made items."

Have to make sure that Buyer Protection for your transaction is eligible prior as it has it's limitations. PayPa never claimed its a guarantee.

If credit card was used to pay for the item, call your card issuer to file a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sarmad_dw
Contributor
Contributor

yeah but im saying paypal should of at least told them to contact me not just leave me in the dark, and yes its a custom built controller? but the R1 button is the same on every controller they have, custom means it just looks different, but it has the exact same components as the other one already built... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.