i cant believe pay pal

tekie
Contributor
Contributor

i cant believe paypal let a thief walk away with 5k of my money. alma arellano stole my phone and got into my paypal thru the app since i use paypal alot i had my password saved. so she took it and she was able to sell all of my bitcoin and send herself all of the money over 5k. i knew she took my phone and i noticed the transaction right away. so i called paypal to let them know like 5 mins after the transaction. i thought for sure they will fix this, but the next day they sent me an email saying i was denied. because i had a history with alma. wtf? so because i have sent her money before its ok for her to steal from me? she cleaned out my account. and they did nothing i felt like crying worst still is when she changed my password i told them she had my phone so u would think automatically anything coming from the phone was not me... no not paypal she tried to wipe out both of my bank accounts luckily b of a has enough sense to know im not in the business of giving my money away and flagged it as suspicious. paypal was supposed to protect me im very sad and hurt over this. ill never hold anything in my paypal account again. does anyone know why paypal has this kinda of policy?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tekie 

Sadly you were the one that allowed their phone to be used and gave access to your paypal account to another party so again sadly its your responsibility and not paypals.

No one knows my password to get on to use my phone let alone the password for the app or account, keeping all that safe is up to you to do not paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tekie
Contributor
Contributor

ill admit it was not a smart thing to lend my phone when i knew it was not secured but that's definitely just a way of washing away all responsibility and fault in the situation. the 5k was put on hold for a few days i called minutes after the transaction was made to let them know what had happened. i think its wrong that i could not stop payment or reverse the transaction because i had a history with this person. So whats the point of even holding the money?

Login to Me Too

tekie
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.