i can no longer use paypal?

dreamycacti
Contributor
Contributor

i've had paypal since i was sixteen when i got my first debit card, but after realizing i had to be eighteen, i decided to hold off to use it. now that i'm eighteen, i've been looking to legitimize everything to use it like giving paypal my ssn and all the stuff it needed. i log in to do so, but i get something that says "i can no longer use paypal" because of some **bleep** that broke their rules. i haven't even touched paypal because i haven't been old enough so i haven't done anything wrong. i could understand account limitations for my inactivity, but that was just completely skipped and it went straight to a ban. i'm pretty unsure of what to do or where i went wrong.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreamycacti 

It's because the account was opened when you're underage. Dun't matter if you never used it. If PayPal was ever questioned, it could be argued that this account was opened by a minor...can't have that. Reach out to customer service through this banned account and tell them you'd like to open a new account as you are over 18 now, right? They'll help you set it up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreamycacti 

It's because the account was opened when you're underage. Dun't matter if you never used it. If PayPal was ever questioned, it could be argued that this account was opened by a minor...can't have that. Reach out to customer service through this banned account and tell them you'd like to open a new account as you are over 18 now, right? They'll help you set it up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dreamycacti
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.