how to request a partial refund on invoice paid in installments

happilyobsessed
Contributor
Contributor
i paid someone a fair bit of money for something last year, and they said i would have my refund by today (and that I'm only getting 70% back, which was discussed beforehand). well, i still don't have my refund, and of course they're not answering on the platform where we usually talk, so I'd like to request the refund myself to make sure they didn't "forget" or "take more priority" on something else. how do i request a refund from the total sum as opposed to individual payments?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @

Thanks for posting. 

I am afraid it is not possible to request a refund of a partial amount of a number of transactions. If you wish to report a problem you would need to do this on each transaction individually. You can still do this requesting a partial refund and resolving the issue with the seller with us just as an intermediary.

To resolve your dispute amicably, you can request a partial refund from your seller. Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Within the transaction details, Click Report a problem.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint and the partial refund amount requested.
  6. Click Submit.

If the seller agrees to the refund, your dispute will close after the seller refunds your money.
If you and the seller can’t agree on a refund amount, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. We’ll review the case and decide if you’re eligible for a refund.

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.