how to cancel an order on fraudulent transaction

Activitygal
New Community Member

This is an unfair investigation. I went to a zerostore.site and tadastore.site websites and tried to make a purchase but was rejected and denied and then redirected to paypal. The vendors were zerostore and tadastore apparently the same person charged me for $21.98 & 27.98. I see I was charged by someone unknow named nguyen <removed>. The phone numbers and e-mails are ALL invalid and there is no way to contact this person or company. I've tried. I asked paypal to cancel and paypal denied and closed my case after a very inadequate investigation. There is no way to escalate the claim because paypal is not helping. This is very fraudlent behavior on the part of nguyen <removed> and these fictious companies. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a refund or cancel my order.  The phone numbers for this person or business is no good and the e-mail addresses are also no good. They do not send out an order confirmation and I was not allowed to log in or sign in to either of these sites. 

Help me please community. This is pretty rotten business.

Login to Me Too
123 REPLIES 123

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

Please file an internet complaint here:

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx?

I just went there and input all information that I could, including the fake emails I received from PayPal. Please everyone do this!

Maybe they will be able to figure out how to shut them down. I didn't have some of the information, like IP address, or address/phone of the scammer, but it allowed those fields to be left blank. I copied all emails and put them in the appropriate section.

If everyone does this it might help! Laura

Login to Me Too

Rikkiana
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me, I kept checking my email hoping I had some update about my order and when I noticed the name and email of where the money went I knew almost instantly it was a scam. I'm very upset with myself for not having noticed sooner. I guess I thought because I was paying through Paypal that it was secure and there was this small part of me that was in denial. I was obviously wrong and am going to dispute it as well, but having read your complaint am not hopeful for a return of my money. I'm going to have to take better precautions when ordering online. 😞 

Login to Me Too

JH52
New Community Member

This NGUYEN DUY TOAN sob opens a store, charges people, and then closes the store.  Open a few other stores, and then repeat the scam.  This is pure thievery, and Paypal should do something.  There are other graphic things that should happen to this sob, but let's leave that out.

If you paid with a credit card, use the credit card dispute first.  Usually, they're friendlier to the card holder, and MUCH MUCH painless.  If that doesn't work, then you can use Paypal.

Login to Me Too

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

paypal does nothing, but at least my credit card refunded my money. I see NO reason to use paypal anymore since they do nothing to stop these fraudulent sellers, or do anything to help you get your money back. This guy Nguyen <removed> is scamming people left and right. Since paypal is so easy to fake out, they just put in a fake tracking number, list no carrier, and then paypal gives them your money. My credit card has been so much better, so why use paypal anymore?? I'll be closing my account with paypal. And DO NOT BUY FROM Nguyen <removed>!

Laura

Login to Me Too

rfung26
Contributor
Contributor
Friend, I did the same way on my credit card company, but so far the credit card company only dispute the charges for temporary credit back to your account , until further resolve, I have the same, they will refund your money but the final decision are make after 30days of the case they comunícate with PayPal, since I used PayPal few time( 15 year ago), but now it seem they doing bad as **bleep**, ignored the complaint and anything else , here have so many people got the same problem , and all we got is same resolve “ Case Denied and Closed” no more further action we can make after this . No secure for consumer , I’ve been using amazon and eBay most of my purchase , never get this problem, PayPal service is the worst service ever . My account will be deleted after this problem solve . Never trust on PayPal,
Login to Me Too

smily9
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I just got the below confirmation from PayPal that they will be refunding me. FYI the dispute type I chose was that I never received the items. Good luck all! “Because we were unable to obtain additional information from Nguyen <removed> regarding your claim, this case has been resolved in your favor and you have received a refund. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.”

Login to Me Too

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

you are lucky! This guy responded by putting in a fake tracking number, and it says it was delivered to my address. So now Paypal thinks it WAS delivered even though I've been home every day like everyone else and my security camera footage shows NOTHING was delivered at that date/time even though all other deliveries have been verified. You are lucky but most of us have been scammed with fake tracking numbers. He has figured out that way to fake Paypal so our disputes are denied. Glad to hear at least someone got a refund!

Laura

Login to Me Too

RandiGellis
Contributor
Contributor
happened to me too. Thanks for posting
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @RandiGellis thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. You can file a dispute if you still haven't received your order. Please click this link below for more information. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe... If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

RandiGellis
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding.  I did not receive my order the seller is a fraud & the UPS tracking number works but it is not my address.  I did not sign for anything because I never received the product.  I gave y'all the UPS tracking info with the address that proves it was not sent to my house.  I also provided the emails that showed you that the seller's email was not valid.  This is so easy to research & prove but y'all still denied my claim.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.