how to cancel an order on fraudulent transaction

Activitygal
New Community Member

This is an unfair investigation. I went to a zerostore.site and tadastore.site websites and tried to make a purchase but was rejected and denied and then redirected to paypal. The vendors were zerostore and tadastore apparently the same person charged me for $21.98 & 27.98. I see I was charged by someone unknow named nguyen <removed>. The phone numbers and e-mails are ALL invalid and there is no way to contact this person or company. I've tried. I asked paypal to cancel and paypal denied and closed my case after a very inadequate investigation. There is no way to escalate the claim because paypal is not helping. This is very fraudlent behavior on the part of nguyen <removed> and these fictious companies. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a refund or cancel my order.  The phone numbers for this person or business is no good and the e-mail addresses are also no good. They do not send out an order confirmation and I was not allowed to log in or sign in to either of these sites. 

Help me please community. This is pretty rotten business.

Login to Me Too
123 REPLIES 123

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bellah_24 

????? They can't open a second dispute.

They would have to contact customer services, explain they opened a dispute for unauthorised and not 'non receipt' and see if they will open one for them.

Why are you saying that they can open another dispute???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DRfrn
Contributor
Contributor
So when PayPal failed me (is it lack of concern or are they partnering?) And refused to refund my money- I called my bank and they returned my money right away since my PayPal was tied to my bank account. And then this morning, the dishonest seller used a different name and charged the same amount again! I've been trying to call the bank but due to Covid- only open a short time daily.
Login to Me Too

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

this fraudulent seller is providing fake tracking numbers and tricking paypals systems. I think they must work for paypal since they are so knowledgeable on how to fake out paypal. First they were putting in a tracking number that was not valid. Then when my credit card company contacted them, they listed a tracking number that said it was delivered to my address within a few hours of the origination in the city next to mine. My security camera recorded NO activity to the street at this date/time, so NO delivery was made. All other deliveries made to my house have been captured and verified. This tracking number says Otero signed for my pkg. FAke name to again trick the paypal system. I claim insider fraud!

Login to Me Too

Dallascallie
Contributor
Contributor
Just happened to me for the same amount
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Dallascallie thank you for reaching out to Community Forum. You can file a dispute if you still haven't received your order. Please click this link below for more information. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe... If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Mntwister
Contributor
Contributor

I also got ripped off by this so called Nguyen Duy Toan. I ordered 4 bottles of hand sanitizer which cost me around 27.00. I filed a claim with Paypal and they denied it because, to my shock, there is a tracking number and it says it was delivered. It says the weight was under half a pound, well 4 large bottles would be 3 to 5 pounds. It doesn't say on the tracking info who sent it or where it was delivered, all it says is it was left inside. Well, we have a huge barking dog and our ups drivers never come inside. I believe what this person is doing is sending a small envelope or possibly a 8x11 package with nothing in it to somewhere in the same town.

I have a UPS account and every package I get goes on their records which I can see when I sign in at UPS, there is no listing for any package on that date which proves to me whatever he sent was not to my address. They list every single package and have never missed one.

I am disgusted with Paypal, I have an Ebay store and they have made plenty of money off me for 6 years. But most important, look at all the posts. They prove we are not some buyer trying to put one over on Paypal, we have all been ripped off. In my request for a refund, I also added a link to this thread, still denied. In times of an epidemic, Paypal should be very aggressive about this, the federal government passed a law last month about ripoff like this on items involving the corona virus and hand sanitizer would fall into that category. Paypal should be actively working with the FBI instead they sit back and do nothing but deny our claims. 

I think we should somehow all get together and send a letter to the FBI. Oh wait, we can't reach each other because Paypal won't let anyone see any email addresses.

Login to Me Too

Sbra
Contributor
Contributor

I found this site within this thread and filed an internet crime against Nguyen:

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx?

Also, when I filed a claim with UPS that I have a missing package, they have launched an investigation.  Within 24 hours they sent me a snapshot of the name of the person to whom my package was "sent."  Be clear.  Our packages were never sent.   Most of us are sitting at home during this pandemic and aware of any delivery.  My package was supposedly 46 pounds!!  Hard to miss that.  He isn't sending anything.  He has somehow gotten inside the UPS system and typed in your city as the delivery destination.  This satisfies Paypal's remedial standards of investigation. 

I have sent Paypal a copy of the delivery statement from UPS (still awaiting their confirmation of the actual address...which I know is not mine).  I will continue to fight this because it's the principle at this point.  I only lost $20, but there are so many of us on here scammed for how much?!!

Login to Me Too

almalorena79
Contributor
Contributor
I’m on the same position as you are, for me was $18 but now its a mission to stop this scammer and paypal supporting him with this scam he found how to trick the paypal refund guidelines
Login to Me Too

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

File an internet scam complaint here:

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx?

Fill out everything you can and include the fake emails

Laura

Login to Me Too

freddylaura
Contributor
Contributor

Another poster said to file a complaint with your city attorney, which I will look into. I live in PHX, but he was filing a complaint in LA. Good idea, we all have to flood the city attorney with complaints so maybe someone will investigate this person. My goal is to get this person SHUT down somehow. He is very smart in faking out all the measures Paypal has put in place, and Paypal doesn't seem to care. I have suspected it's someone within paypal like an insider since they know exactly what to put in the fields to fake out their system. I agree with you about Paypal not doing enough to stop this person, and it's not about my $46 that I lost. It's the principal at this point!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.