how to cancel an order on fraudulent transaction

Activitygal
New Community Member

This is an unfair investigation. I went to a zerostore.site and tadastore.site websites and tried to make a purchase but was rejected and denied and then redirected to paypal. The vendors were zerostore and tadastore apparently the same person charged me for $21.98 & 27.98. I see I was charged by someone unknow named nguyen <removed>. The phone numbers and e-mails are ALL invalid and there is no way to contact this person or company. I've tried. I asked paypal to cancel and paypal denied and closed my case after a very inadequate investigation. There is no way to escalate the claim because paypal is not helping. This is very fraudlent behavior on the part of nguyen <removed> and these fictious companies. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a refund or cancel my order.  The phone numbers for this person or business is no good and the e-mail addresses are also no good. They do not send out an order confirmation and I was not allowed to log in or sign in to either of these sites. 

Help me please community. This is pretty rotten business.

Login to Me Too
123 REPLIES 123

breimer
Contributor
Contributor
I had this same problem. They have paypal a bogus tracking number to some recipient I never heard of and ruled in favor of this guy or person...who never shipped the product...and did not research
Login to Me Too

rfung26
Contributor
Contributor

my name is fung, I've ordered the same problem with the same person "Nguyen Duy Toan" from "zerostore.site", since the first day I ordered march 16th, right after I make the order, it seeing different from what I usually order from other, I never receive any confirmation or receipt through email or nowhere, so I check on google with the site and name, it's scam , so I decided to cancel the order or refund. but paypal denied my case and closed, I can't do anything beyond that, I request my credit card company to dispute my purchase , now i'm waiting the case to be done, but today April 12th (Saturday) I received an email with UPS tracking number from the seller, but it's wrong, it said the item is shipped on March 31th at 4:26pm received by "ROTH CV " and there's 2 separate order I made, at the same time I received email with the same tracking number for both different order, 1 tracking number , that's doesn't make any sense at all. 1 of the order cost "$19.99" second order cost "$49.93" under the ups tracking number the weight of the shipping is 1.40lbs. that's impossible for my order weight. this is 100% "FRAUDULENT" Paypal need to do more action on that. no secure on user, no confident for buyer.

Login to Me Too

Mntwister
Contributor
Contributor

To the Paypal employee who posted in the last post, I want to commend you for actually looking into this. This person is committing fraud, and not only that, the Attorney General's office said they are going after anyone who does this with needed health materials for the coronavirus and it looks like most of us purchased hand sanitizer to dis-infect our hands from this virus. I can't think of many things that are as rotten as for someone to cheat like this and who knows, maybe one of us will be infected because we didn't have the product, it could happen. So I sincerely hope you do something about this person and also refund our money in guidelines with your refund policy. I think enough people have told their story here to see that this is fraud.

I would like to ask the other members something. How did you come across this person's supposed "store." Did all of you search Google for hand sanitizer? That is what I did and of course this persons fake website said it was in stock, God knows how many orders this person took because it was obviously for days because I kept getting a message that there is too much traffic on the site. I am going to make a complaint to Google and I woluld suggest all of you do the same so they take this person and their IP address down for good.

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Mntwister thank you for your commendation. I appreciate it. I hope none of you are going to be infected. Please stay safe,since you didn't received those hand sanitizers,it'better to always wash your hands and use mask very often. Also, I highly suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Please provide the case id number of the claim that you have previously filed or the transaction ID number so we can verify the eligibility of the transaction and file the correct claim for you. We can file an appeal if you have document from the shipping company that will prove it was never delivered to your shipping address. I promise that I am raising your concern so that there will be a thorough investigation on this massive incident and complaint. Better to really send us message through chat because my access is limited. I can't pull up your account.
Login to Me Too

wangyan0425
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I want to get my refund

Login to Me Too

Ginger1428
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing- 2 separate orders of Clorox wipes. I thought it was strange that I never received an emailed receipt of my purchases. I had PayPal investigate it and they said that because there was a tracking number that showed it was delivered then they sided with the seller. I contacted UPS who did say it it was not delivered to my office. It said porch delivery which my business does not have a porch. I can’t get ahold of anyone at PayPal even through message, but because the case is closed I cannot do anything. I have now just started a dispute with my credit card company but again it’s the problem of getting the proof to them. Nguyen <removed> is such a scammer!!

Login to Me Too

RandiGellis
Contributor
Contributor
It b probably was talking your office. have UPS send you the delivery address(including street)
Login to Me Too

AbdulHaseeb
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue is happening with my magento account.

Magento Commerce supports PayPal fraud management filters for owners of Website Payments Pro PayPal accounts. The filters can be used for orders that are paid by PayPal Express Checkout or PayPal Website Payments Pro. Fraud management filters are managed through your PayPal merchant account.

PayPal FMFs make it easier for merchants to detect and respond to fraudulent transactions. FMFs can be configured to flag, hold for review, or deny riskier payments. Magento order status values are changed according to these settings. This section describes the processing of suspected fraudulent orders for different filter action settings.

If you set the filter action to “Review,” the suspected order receives the status ”Payment Review” when the order is placed. You can review the order and approve, or cancel the payment in the Admin, or on the PayPal side.

To deny the payment from the Admin, click the Deny Payment button in the upper-right corner of the page. The order status changes to “Canceled,” the transaction is reverted, and funds are released on the customer’s account. The corresponding information is added in the Comments History section of the order view.

When you click the Accept Payment or the Deny Payment buttons, no new transactions for the order are created.

If you change the status of the transaction on the PayPal site, you must click the Get Payment Update button in the upper-right corner of the Order page in the Magento Admin to apply the changes. If you click Accept Payment or Deny Payment, the changes made at the PayPal site are applied.

Regards:

Abdul Haseeb kamal

Login to Me Too

Mntwister
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is sometimes UPS will not give out the address to which it was delivered, I believe someone else had that problem too somewhere in this thread.

Login to Me Too

Sbra
Contributor
Contributor

I went on the UPS website and clicked the button that said - package not received.  I filed a claim with them that way, entering as much as I knew about the phony seller plus all of my information and the tracking number.  Within a few hours I received a preliminary email that showed the name of the "recipient" (not my name), and the city.  Within 5 more days I received a form from UPS that said they apologized but haven't been able to prove that the package was actually delivered.  On this form they had the delivery address (not mine) plus the recipient (not me), plus my name added on top of his.  UPS asked me to sign the statement that I didn't receive the package so they could process my claim.  I will do this so they investigate this tracking number and the originator, though I really don't want UPS to foot the bill for this scam...unless it's their tracking system that has been compromised and in that case, THEY need to fix it and find that creep. 

Everyone should contact UPS for as much info as possible (Paypal says they need something on UPS letterhead showing a different address/recipient).  We should also file the internet crime claim plus contact your city's attorney.  Because Nguyen is "selling" sanitizing supplies during this pandemic, his punishment should be doubly harsh! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.