how to appeal dispute resolution

michelelefebvre
Contributor
Contributor

i ordered an app by mistake and cancelled it the same day back in april

i was charged a new subscription in october despite this cancellation

i filed a dispute saying i did not know what it was and this was honestly the case, as i had not made any transaction of this sort in october

they denied the dispute stating that it was authorized. i believe  they based this decision on the fact that i had another transaction from the same company in april which i did not dispute.  does not make sense as one transaction does not mean they will be ongoing.

i have an email as proof of the cancellation in april and would like to know how to appeal the decision. i tried reaching out via chat to no avail

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michelelefebvre 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

michelelefebvre
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have set up my payment preferences..i still cant appeal the dispute and am getting very frustrarted

no one is answering me in messaging either

Login to Me Too

michelelefebvre
Contributor
Contributor

since there is no appeal button in existence i continually asked for an appeal in message to paypal until i was heard and i was finally granted the opportunity to submit my evidence

i was finally refunded but i am not pleased with the length of the process or the amount of times i had to ask for an appeal..  it should be much simpler

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.