how can this be right

bulldogs2010
Contributor
Contributor

hi all is this possible.  buyer from ebay interstate buys item , then 15 minutes later puts in a dispute with paypal , that item has not arrived, yes 15 minutes later from interstate. paypal asks for tracking and so. i say the buyer brought and paid for item 15 minutes ago how can they clain item not recieved ,also item was a pick up only item , 1 day later paypal says buyer has won the case and money taken out of my account. 

now yes i still have the item , but i dont get back my ebay fees , i might if i try to get hold of ebay and waste prob an hour trying to explain,   why its not my fault,   how can a company come to this decision.   thanks for your reply

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bulldogs2010 

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Initial decision could be made by bot software so you'll need to speak with a human to point this out to them at both eBay and PayPal to get your fees back. Sometimes people get buyer's remorse or some kid bought something and then the parents found out and file a dispute or something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bulldogs2010
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply   but this morning i rang a real person at paypal and they agreed that the buyer should not of won case,  but they cant do anything about it as the case is closed and the buyer got there money back , why for a start had to waste 20 minutes with paypal today now try and get hold of ebay ,for what i did nothing wrong surely  , paypal should contact ebay to resolve my fees back and to take the item off my sold list as it would still be clasifield as a sold item for tax purchase  and for all i know a defect could go to my account. if paypal said this morning that they got it wrong let them contact ebay, and also they should look at there software to stop this happening again   , there should be a time  limit on when someone can open a dispute of item not arrived. or maybe paypal know a way a parcel which by the way was pick up only can travel interstate at the front door of a buyer in under 15 minutes , 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bulldogs2010 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bulldogs2010
Contributor
Contributor

it againt ebay policy to not accept paypal   also ebay give discounts codes all the time and buyers must pay by paypal for the discounts  i have old over 10,000 items in my years  and had no problem wit paypal  only this,   this could happen even for sent items as lots of ssmall items are sent by letters and sellerss dont use tracking.   all i want is paypal to fix ebays section of my sale., 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bulldogs2010 

Yes you can refuse paypal for COLLECTION ITEMS on Ebay.

This is because there is no seller protection for those items so they can't or don't enforce it.

Thats why they also state this...........

There's only one exception: Sellers who offer payment on collection may include the following statement in their listings: 'Contact me for payment methods for paying on collection.'

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bulldogs2010
Contributor
Contributor

hi  i dont know wwhich country you are from but in australia we have to use a safe payment and either merchant or paypal,  anyway this has nothing to do with , [how a buyer can claim for a start  item not recieved  15 minutes after they purchased,  thats my query, there computer system is wrong  it should not except it until prob 4 or more days after purchase. even the human being at paypal agreed with me that the system is wrong, but they must fix it ,as anybody could buy and say item not recieved , even though they brought it 2 minutes ago. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.