Contributor

is this company a scam?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@retirednavy 

Without looking it up i bet its one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aworkofmarc
Contributor
Contributor

YES!! It was hard to discern at first... one of the best scam websites I've seen... because it offers 1) email contact and 2) a telephone number and 3) an address.... 4) Even allows you to create an account! 

The address and number is in China... products aren't delivered... no one responds to the email.

<removed>
contactus (AT) hitslook <removed>

<removed>
<removed>

You've been warned!  Stay away or lose your money.

Login to Me Too

BettyPix
Contributor
Contributor
I fell for it hook line and sinker… For about 12 seconds and I realized once I hit the pay button that it was a Chinese company. Of course my emails have gone on answered and I now I’m going to file a discrepancy with my credit card company. I know better! I always always, except for this time, apparently, look to make sure it’s not a Chinese company. DANG IT!
Login to Me Too

wjerrycannon
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Once I paid, I realized it was a scam. No one responds to emails etc. Stay away.
Login to Me Too

Bethk10
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.....and PayPal sided with them because they provided a tracking number saying it was delivered. Never received a thing.

Disgusted with PayPal give. The fact that so many people have had the same issue with the same scammer. 

Login to Me Too

Rp312534
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a tall exterior cabinet. I tried to print the order and could not so I snap shot it. The receipt looks bogus. No Co. info. and did not even have my name on it. I called PayPal 10 min. later and could not cancel order. No confirmation of purchase, a phone and address in China. Checked the address and it is bogus. I bill my PayPal through a credit card. They had a different name Hunter something and they said it was clothing. PayPal sent me an email saying it was a legit transaction . I did not get the item but if it is a 5.00 item it will be more than the 90. 00 I paid to ship it back if I ever get the merchants address . They still have the add. Unbelievable how we have to Pay for scams
Login to Me Too

aworkofmarc
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a PP rep specifically about my transactions...  If you paid by PP, by their own guarantee they will refund your purchase. Dispute it by opening a case tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

cpa461
Contributor
Contributor

I called my Bank, they said they will handle everything and they would put my money back within 3 days

Login to Me Too

GaryS1004
Contributor
Contributor

t taken for $73.99!! I have emailed this guy three times, no repsonse... Filed a dispute... Guess it's going to take for ever to get my money back. I also reported the website to Paypal Spoofing as a scam. They may finally suspend this crook.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.