cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

Contributor

help

hey,

So i sent money to someone (not a company) for a product, money was sent and then i was blocked by the seller and received nothing!! I cant contact them or anything and i have proof that i received nothing.

But how do i go about getting a settlement if i cannot contact the seller?? 

Whenever i get to the dispute part it keeps leading me to contact the seller?? Or then it goes to Unauthorised account useage? none of this is helpful?

Anyone help please??? basically just been scammed!! 😞

1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: help

@josh0991 

If that is the only option you get when you go to open a dispute then you must have used the friends / family option to pay?

If so then............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction (but that option is for hacked accounts so would be closed as you had authorised the transaction).

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will assist you but unfortunately as it was a 'gift' payment they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.