help

Tereehart
Contributor
Contributor

so has anyone been stolen from on here and PayPal just left you high and dry? i had a case decided in my favor, PayPal said it was closed. then the guy filed with visa and of course, as they do, they gave him his money and charged PayPal who then changed me. fine, i don't mind paying except, i was never given my stuff back. they say i owe 1250.00 to them and the guy just gets to keep the stuff i sold him???? i don't think so. if this is seller protection, watch out. I've contacted them endlessly and all i get is hung up on or the chat stops or no return emails. this is theft pure and simple. i just want my stuff back and i will happily pay the return. how is that not fair??????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tereehart

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute, it is done directly via the card company the buyer used as a funding source when they bought your item.

The card company makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on any info you provide on your behalf.

Card companies are not interested in return of goods, if they think their client deserves a refund then they get a refund and thats it.

However that does not stop you challenging it legally if you think the buyer chargedback fraudulently ie in the small claims court if you have that option in your country?

Have you reached out to the buyer and offered to pay shipping if they will return your item, worth a shot?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.