hear my story and beware

snck3rpunch
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, I recently purchased Ares M1A1 rifle from this Hongkong website http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.ph.  The rifle came DOA, of course, I communicated with the seller right way, then I took their advice to take the piece to a local repair shop then they will reimburse me the cost, I was being nice and don't want to return it to Asia. So it turns out the rifle has a manufacturing defect in the trigger, and the magazine came with it. Its also a defect which it doesn't feed bbs to the chamber.  Now two weeks later, the seller, of course, stopped replying to my email, and my last hope is to resolve with PayPal.  Two days after submitting all the receipts from repair and communications with the seller, PayPal denied the case because the product was altered.  Just called customer support, and the woman was like an emotionless robot, keep repeating that I should not have altered the rifle, and their hands are tied, and whatever they are going to do with the seller is an internal affair.  I don't expect to get any help from here, but just want to warn people don't ever trust these oversea sellers because they know how PayPal works than anybody does, I walked right into their trap.  And don't expect PayPal to do anything either, because they don't give a rat's **bleep** even you are 15 years member.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snck3rpunch 

Paypal buyer protection covers you for item received but not as described, and if they find in your favour then they tell you to return the item back to the seller AS YOU RECEIVED IT for a full refund.

You chose not to do that and to sort it with your seller yourself, you did and it went wrong, so not paypals fault.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.