has anyone had deal with LYD Information Technology CO. LTD?

pitorico
New Community Member

I ordered some christmas items online with a company and this other company LYD Information Technology CO. LTD is charging my paypal acct.

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Barefoot Dreams cardigan and after one MONTH received a counterfeit that is the wrong size, wrong color, and NOT AT ALL what was pictured on the website (which I now realize is counterfeit as well.) I requested a refund and no reply. Filed a dispute and then they replied saying they'd give me $41 of the $135 that I paid. I declined the offer. They emailed me asking me to repeal my dispute which I have not done because their website has a "30-day money-back guarantee (HA.) Now they say if I PAY TO RETURN the garment to CHINA...they will refund me in full "once they receive it."  This too is not acceptable.  Although the web site "said" Barefoot Dreams and Cozy Chic - everything now is LYD Information Technology CO. LTD.
I'm calling PayPal tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Tarabole
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. Saw the charge and have not shipped or replied to emails.
Login to Me Too

Tarabole
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got a response. It was full of spelling mistakes. They said the pajamas would arrive before Xmas ever and they would send via DHL. I do not believe this is going to actually happen. I wrote back and asked for tracking. Has anyone had any luck getting a refund for goods never shipped/scams like these?
Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor

So far NO LUCK AT ALL. LYD will say YOU have to pay to return the merchandise and once they receive it and AND IF they agree it is identical to what they sent...they will give a refund.  REALLY?

Login to Me Too

Fscsnhra00
New Community Member
I ordered a heating pad over a month ago still have t gotten it and no response to emails
Login to Me Too

Windy21
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I just had the awful experience. They list a return address in Georgia and one in New York. But everything comes from China. And it’s all fake. I ordered a barefoot dreams cardigan and paid $100. It a fake unbranded cheap piece of cloth that I waited 2 months for. And they scam you by offering to pay you back but you have to send it back to China and pay $40 first. So I just lost $100. I don’t want to pay another $40 and lose that too....
Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same scenario here. I am so frustrated with PayPal. Have you had any success getting them to realize that this scam? I sure have not.
Login to Me Too

Windy21
Contributor
Contributor

No I haven't.  If there is a customer service number for PayPal please let me know if you have one.

Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor

the number I used before was USELESS. Likely due to Covid, all I got was automated, confusing, often contradictory information. You do have to go through the resolution center...but I am sad to say that is NOT the help I expected from PayPal.  They seem to do NOTHING about curtailing these clearly counterfeit sites that repeatedly scam buyers. I admit the initial error was mine (SO MY BAD) but the following actions on their part IMO are pathetic. The number I just found is <removed> and supposedly you get a live person.  Let me know...

Yours is being duped...ADSully3

Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor

I may not be supposed to say this, but PP granted me a full refund today for the same issue...be persistent. I want to see these guys taken down...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.