has anyone had deal with LYD Information Technology CO. LTD?

pitorico
New Community Member

I ordered some christmas items online with a company and this other company LYD Information Technology CO. LTD is charging my paypal acct.

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor
@Dc48 was that PayPal offering the partial refund or LYD? I documented the heck out of all that happened. Same this Barefoot Dreams and was able to get PayPal refund. It was very difficult to leave a comment and I couldn’t tell you how I found it even if I had to but it worked. PayPal needs to remove them selves from this company and all business they do. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

jcampbell42
Contributor
Contributor

I also placed an order from the "BarefootDreamShop" for a wrap and socks totaling $122 and received crap that I wouldn't put on my dog. I have been emailing back and forth with them for several weeks. They've been bargaining with me on the refund amount and offered to also send some doll clothes (what??). At one point, they offered me 80% refund, which I was going to accept because I know it will be costly to send the garbage back. Once I accepted that offer, they didn't respond for 8 days, and when they finally did respond I was speaking to someone new who offered to send me the doll clothes. At last contact, they said they could only refund $60 and that I should accept that because otherwise, it would cost at least $70 to send the items back.  

I did a little research and their physical address in Georgia is a vacant lot. Apparently, their domain name was registered as recently as October 2020. I am surprised PayPal is doing business with these scammers. I have messaged PayPal and will persist until I get a resolution. I am so mad that I fell for this. I am usually diligent in making sure I know who I am ordering from.

Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I spent an inordinate amount of time documenting my claim (with photos etc) and then even more time finding how to get it into PayPals hands. I was finally issued a full refund but remain unclear whether it can from PayPal or LYD. It says LYD. I remain shocked that PayPal allows their name and services to be associated with this scam. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

rubyshops99
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get PP to help you with full refund?  They basically said they can't help unless I send the package back to China.

Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor
I categorically REFUSED to return the article to China but it wasn’t easy to locate WHERE to make that statement. I had prepared a document that detailed My order, what I had received etc. and remained persistent until I got a full refund. What so bothers me is whether I got the refund from LYD (which would clearly be appropriate) or from PayPal WHO, more importantly in my opinion, SHOULD PROTECT THIS COMMUNITY BY CEASING TO TO ALLOW LYD TO ACCEPT PAYPAL PAYMENTS. Be relentless in pursuit of your refund.
Login to Me Too

codyeve
Contributor
Contributor
I sent PayPal screenshots of the undeliverable emails, pictures of the items I finally ended up receiving out of nowhere. I ordered matching white chenille pjs for me, my husband, son and cat. They sent me red nylon pjs in random sizes and a plain piece of white fabric for the pet pj. PayPal closed my dispute and refunded my $118.
Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor
Just curious...does the refund show from LYD or from PayPal? Mine showed from LYD...which I doubt. But why wouldn’t PayPal Issue the refund and STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?
Login to Me Too

BPieron
Contributor
Contributor
I just filed a dispute saying I didn’t get what I ordered and they shipped a replacement before allowing me to see what the replacement looked like. I also had an email from them stating there was no need to send the replacement back if I didn’t like it but I didn’t end up having to use that against them.
Login to Me Too

Acrocker34
New Community Member
Same, I’m getting a partial refund. I’m over dealing with them for weeks ... what a joke. I agree PayPal should not allow them To operate under their umbrella for payments
Login to Me Too

JMe08
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get PayPal to respond? I haven’t gotten a human yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.