hacked computer and made a payment

kenzoric
Contributor
Contributor

hello. on 8 dec 2018 my computer was hacked and the hacker user my paypal to made purchases in his name without my authorisations. I already made a complaint but it got denied. What can I do to recover my money? How can i show proof i didn't made the purchase? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

hohodano
Contributor
Contributor

mate i got exactly same problem, ive got hacked 31 of nov and noticed it yesterday, got denied. They told me to contact companies person paid for so thats something you can do, as well update/change all passwords. As well cancel your credit card/talk with bank (mine told me they cant do anything....) good luck

Login to Me Too

ZeroQI
Contributor
Contributor

Installed a bad driver and i was super cautious, and the next day, next thing i know i have 31 **bleep** transactions in the same 30 minutes 29 of which for the same company, first one in roubles, second automatically reverted...

Noticed after scan with Mallwarebites or Microsoft defender, can't recall, a trojan horse, bad extension in chrome, and search engine replaced with Mail.Ru...

Each time i booted Malwarebytes kept finding the shame things so reinstalled windows 10 x64 and still found (PUP.Optional.MailRu and adware.MailRu.BatBitRst) which is no longer the trojan horse that allowed it to happen but had to edit chrome pages on startup list (despite selected to open a new tab) to get rid of it in alerts

I have no overdraft and VISA Debit but doesn't matter, you report straight away but doesn't matter, if the transaction come from your IP you're **bleep**ed and PayPal will NOT help you...

- They will open a ticket when you reverse payment though adding a second lock on your account asking the same thing as the first lock when you first reported it... Yeah they are that useless...

- They are not your PAL and will make you PAY...

You need to:

- write to the support company from your paypal email and include transaction number and ask to reverse

- raise claim on all transactions and it will ask to change your password.

- go to the bank and reverse the charges

- They can contact paypal and get more info, paypal will not give you any extract of information calling it their info not yours

Note for securisation:

- Never EVER save paypal and google password locally on PC nor mobile, set to never save password when it asks. 

- use double authentication for google and paypal (google auth code on mobile, or text, as mobile is less likely to get hack, but there is paypal virus with battery optimizer appp pending for you to log in paypal app to wire **bleep** by taking keyboard control)

- on mobile use fingerprint authentication+lock screen to need fingerprint or patter (when fingerprin fails)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.