hacked account and my email was change as well

Chasoy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

yesterday i received notification about charges online from Russia so I tried to open my paypal to file disputes but will not accept my password then i tried to click the help logging in then was prompted my email is not associated with paypal? what can i do? how to unlink my cards with paypal? now i cannot logged in my paypal email since the hacker changed it already. I have been using paypal for more than 10 years because I was thinking it was very safe

Inkedpaypal_LI.jpgunauthorize.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
THE ONLY THTING you should do right now is close your compromised bank account or just talk to your bank about it. If it was only the cards linked to your PayPal they will block them and issue you new ones. I linked my bank account number and i had to close it out entirely to avoid a second scam. I hope you didnt lose a lot of money but i reported identity theft to FTF ( easy report just google FTC, if you’re from the U.S) as far as contacting Paypal please send a detailed email to service @ paypal.com. Or call[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]I dont know if they will allow the email or phone number to show but please let me know i can send you an email with them if you need
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.