gumtree scam

geecee
Contributor
Contributor

beware buyers who want your car without seeing it.

supposedly wheelchair bound & deaf !!!

i`ve had texts from   a "rachfergie"  &  "fifilewis"...

beware of these two!

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Takem1money
Contributor
Contributor
How i take my money? I have the same problem with women in wheelchair. I pay 575£ because i use for the first time paypal .Was melissaannie from Scotland.
Login to Me Too

Had the exact same email this morning word for word of a jenniferannie004 The scamming **bleep** asking me to pay fees and stuff for agent courier I am waiting to speak to paypal to raise the issue.
Login to Me Too

djclewes32
New Community Member

Same happend to me from normanlillian374  

Glad i never fell for it. B@@@@@ds

Login to Me Too

Aga87
I have same scammer but from shpock after all this year's .. same wheelchair and deaf and same email. They doing this from so long and they thinking people will send money just like that because some transfer will come later... I no think so somebody is that stupid to send £200 or more just like that and I checked sort code what they sent me to pay and it's not even normal bank only prepaid payments
Login to Me Too

OliverKent76
Contributor
Contributor

BE AWARE: A very new Scamming technique:

Some scammers contacting me on WhatsApp for my Gumtree ads. They want tobuy my item and want to pay via "Gumtree Pay" and want to be delivered by "Gumtree Delivery". Gumtree has none of those two services. Scammers sending me a link to a fake Gumtree page which says "Customer Paid!. Enter your bank details to get your money". Once you give your bank card details to the scammer's fake gumtree web page, scammers can empty your bank account in minutes!!!. 

Never enter your bank details to those fake Gumtree scammer pages.

Details of the 5th scammer tried this new trick since last month:

Mobile/WhatsApp Number: +4[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]br />Name: Leatha <removed>

Fake Gumtree-Pay page link: https://gumtree-pay.su/cash24747889

Thanks

Oliver

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.