guest checkout

cchilb
New Community Member

Im getting the run around with Ebay and Now PayPal. 

A month ago I ordered a product ( under 20.00) It been eating battery's  and I wish to return it for a replacement, I concted the sellover over the weekend,a nd h e wants to use Ebay return.. however when I did this.. I got this message 

"We cannot process your request at this time You purchased this item as a PayPal guest user and will need to contact PayPal directly by going through their Resolution Center."

I have used PayPal Chat and the Phone.. the Chat told me I need to do it over the phone, the phone people said I needed my husbands OK.. ( account is mine with my name, and I used my CC) but OK  I checked out as a Guest because I was too lazy to add my account info  as I was checking out .. I told PayPal that he works 14 hours a day, and only home about an hour before going to bed at night. I was told to call back once he is home. I did so. NOW the wait is 2-4 hours sadly I cannot stay on the phone for that long and he cannot stay up and wait for me to speak with PayPal on this matter.

what do I do? this is crazy  t even he seller is willing to work with me on returning it so he can ship out a new one. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cchilb

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer' so you would not be able to enter a dispute in the resolution centre in that account.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you ...............they often state you must  >>>
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.