getting my refund

bob61cope
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on Ebay.  Buyer lied and said he wanted refund cause he did not get tracking.  The item was a hand tonhand agreed upon transaction.  He disputed with his bank prior to the agreed upon delivery date.  His bank filed a dispute with Paypal.  So paypal says there hands tied until his bank settles it.  I have a statement from his bank that after reviewing his disputeAB7912D7-7FDF-4D1C-93A1-E6D01110919E.png327CE040-CBC9-4D38-A95A-B11E50A16106.png they have decided HE IS RESPONSIBLE for the transaction and I get my money back but PAYPAL is still not releasing my funds.  NOW WHAT?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bob61cope,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. This situation may be a bit challenging considering the circumstances brought about by the pandemic. However, based on the fact that the buyer filed the case through their financial institution and you have received word from them already that you should be getting a refund, rest assured that we would be more than happy to assist you in getting the payment back to your account. Since it was decided by the bank, we would be waiting for the response from the bank's system so we would be able to process the transfer of funds which may take up to a few weeks depending on how their system communicates with our system. Please extend your patience regarding this matter.

Login to Me Too

bob61cope
Contributor
Contributor

But they already did contact paypal and I have the letter that shows it was for $1400 merchant name ebay paypal Bob61cope.  Says they will reapply transaction to his account.  They told me on phone they did that on February 20, 2020.  That is me.....the letter from DISCOVER states it decided after review he is responsible for this tranaction.  States the transaction is VALID.  SO what the delay.  YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED!!!!AD50C592-D80C-4AC4-AC6C-09FFA34AD30C.pngDDCEFA9C-75CE-42FF-AD29-525A20CCB337.png

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @bob61cope, the document or letter that you have cannot be honored by PayPal. In a due process for chargeback, we have to wait for the funds to be deposited back by the Card issuer or Financial Institution of the Buyer herein PayPal. They do have an internal batch process and clearing time for chargeback settlement. This is something that we cannot expedite. The moment that the funds will arrive in our system, it will be adjusted to your balance right away. We understand that you need your funds especially on these trying times, however, our hands are also tied up in terms of chargeback. Stay Safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.