gaming site - Unauthorized activity

TaraDH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!! 
I had an unauthorized activity issues, I believe a gaming company is involved, as they've been sending me "confirmation links" to my paypal e-mail address.
Anyway, my money has been stolen I improved my security by changing my password 2 times and removed my card.  And also blocked.

So, I would like to ask if this site will react, do a refund? and I would like to know, is there any way to secure my account even better, before they respond to my e-mails /or start working on Monday, when I'll be able to call them. 
Thank you for your help, I'm so scared and this has never happened to me before.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaraDH

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?

Also check in here..........

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaraDH

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?

Also check in here..........

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BabyBlue1977

That happened to me too, and they closed my case, without solving it. i had to delete my cards and bank account, and i will have to close the PP account also, because they don't care enough for the customers to solve these kind of problems. 

Login to Me Too

This is Ora Amos again,I forgot to say How much the Company Owe me $63.83 PayPal please get A hold of someone to get me my money back to my Card. Thanks let me know something .
Login to Me Too

Ora Amos Know solution I hit the Wrong Button. I still have my problem that need to be Solved.3 wigs $63.86, No products plus no money back to my Card.please help me.Thanks
Login to Me Too

Runnermum
New Community Member
I had 5 tranactions they refunded 1 but are now telling me case closed , even though im getting e mails from the game companys with other peoples names so much for pay pal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.