fraudulent spanish ebayer purchaser

phoneguru1
New Community Member

iam fuming i have been a paypal business user for 10 years and over the same amount of time as a ebay business uk seller .and 40 years trading at same uk address. i had a claim that a item was not as described from a spanish person i cant call him a gentleman . he took pictures of a old battered phone and said thats what i had send him , ebay closed the case in his favour  within 24 hours despite him not presenting the pictures i requested of the phones imei number next to the factory certificate of the phone . ebay said a english speaking spanish ebay person would call me they didnt . closed all done and dusted in his favour , phone never even sent back even though ebay uk told me they had asked spanish ebay to ask him to return phone ! i have emailed  paypal now 3 times offering a affidavit to the above and to hold the funds for an impartial look at the case but not even a email back off paypal and its been a week . there seems to be no recourse with paypal or ebay to long distance fraud .

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phoneguru1

If its an Ebay dispute then you need to sort it with Ebay, this is Paypals forum and it wasn't a Paypal dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

phoneguru1
New Community Member

iam sorry i dont totally agre paypal took the payment and refunded it and didnt step in when i questioned it , if this had been a bank credit etc they would have stepped in , and i have had no contact from paypal as yet so there complaints method are a joke

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.