fraudulent buyer holding onto payment claiming item not authentic despite there being logo on it

musicskier
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has HELD my money because a fraudulent person who has only had an ebay account 9 months with 2 feedbacks compared to me with with 380 all positive from 15 years on ebay, has falsely claimed there is no MONET signature on Money jewellery I posted her. My listing clearly shows photo of the Money engraving in the chain. I am furious.This was for £39.90 and I should have seller protection. She has my goods and I have no payment. This is clearly dishonest, will Paypal do the right thing,  If not I am reporting her and paypal to the police as it is just wrong.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@musicskier 

The police are not going to be interested in an ebay sale for under £40 gone wrong, its a civil not a criminal matter.

However in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against another.

As paypal never see the disputed item then they 'tend' to find in favour of the buyer BUT normally the buyer has to return the item back to you (trackable to prove delivery) before you have to refund.

BUT that is if it is a Paypal dispute, if its an Ebay dispute and Ebay find in favour of the buyer then you may well have to pay return postage as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

musicskier
Contributor
Contributor
1. This is as described....my photo disproves her concocted lie of there being no Monet logo...clearly she lied about believing it is fake because she changed her mind on a non refundable item 2. There is supposed to be seller protection surely that is supposed to count for something 3. Surely any theft is theft regardless of amount 4. The fact she has only been an ebay member on that account name for 9 months makes me suspicious 5. She would have to prove what she claims but she can't 6. She did not say she is posting it back. If paypal doesn't release the hold on my money I'll be furious
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@musicskier 

1.Photos prove nothing, you could have sent a completely different item than the one advertised, that is why i said its one persons word against anothers as to what was sent and what was received.

2.Seller protection is not and never has been a 100% coverall, you have to read up on it and then risk assess your transactions. As you should probably get the item back again before you have to refund then that is the protection you get for item not as described disputes.

Sadly thats the risk we take with online selling, there are always going to be some sales that go wrong, you have to expect that.

3.How can it be theft if you get your item back again?

4. I was scammed by a seller with thousands of feedback but never had a problem with a 'newbie' seller or buyer....yet.

Feedback is only an indication and lots on Ebay don't even bother to leave feedback. Also as you can't get a neg feedback as a buyer then every buyer would have 100% feedback.

5. Neither can you so I refer back to point 1.

6. If and only if paypal find in her favour then normally she would be asked to return the item back to you first. The only times that is not done is if the buyer can prove the item is fake or its a chargeback done by her card issuer and not a paypal dispute or the item was dangerous to return in the post ie broken etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

musicskier
Contributor
Contributor
My listing shows a photo upfront of thst Monet logo. Obviously it of the item sent to her and ahe is fact lying about this as it is perfectly as desribed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@musicskier 

Sellers have been known to list one item and send a completely different one so again its one persons word against anothers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.