fraudulant charge

aspagnuolo
New Community Member

I have a charge on my paypal account that says FBPAY - FUNDRAISER.  For $1003.  There are no further details and I can't get help.  I applied to the resolution department, and they responded simply that it was no fraudulent.  That is all.  Any idea how I can contact a person to do something about this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

ChefAl87
New Community Member
I just had one for $50.00 you are not alone in this.
Login to Me Too

dcawley1
Contributor
Contributor

As of 11-16-2020, I had 4 fraudulent charges from PAYPAL*FBPAY-FUNDRAISING. The amount were $100, $100, $100, $349, $349.  I contacted my credit card and the charges won't go through.  Please investigate.

Login to Me Too

Nesnah26
New Community Member
I have also been being charged 2-4 times daily I have turned off my debit card and they still keep trying to charge it. They all say “authorize” and have not been taken out of my account but l cannot figure out how to get in contact with ANYONE to solve this problem!
Login to Me Too

Jtma
Contributor
Contributor
Just got back from my bank to get a new card after I got FBPay’d for $400. Some entity named Bryant Corkery. Bank told me FBPAY fraud is rampant.
Login to Me Too

DasDisco
New Community Member

This is a facebook charge when you donate to a cause through the facebook app. Check facebook

Login to Me Too

Tepsic31
New Community Member
I just got one on my account for $200. Early my Facebook account was hacked, they changed my email an password on Facebook so I couldn’t get into it, then this $200 charge hit. Idk how to dispute it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tepsic31 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mistykellogg70
New Community Member
Had the same problem 150 fbpay fundraiser waiting from resolution center
Login to Me Too

Renee2184
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me too!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.