fraud

Elbert201
Contributor
Contributor
ordered a golf mat from China. they sent fake tracking number. when I made a claim PayPal decided in seller favor saying they provided proof of delivery! what? show me! fake tracking,website gone. I thought it was safe to buy through PayPal. scammers learn how to beat the system.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MumWood
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a very similar experience.  I ordered clothing through a company that stated they were American company that had "Unfortunately not survived the Covid-19 shut down and was closing their store", but in fact, they are a Chinese company who is still selling online.  I notified them to cancel my order within days of placing it and contacted PayPal to obtain my refund when the seller refused to comply.  Same type of scenario....They say they shipped and give some obscure, nearly untraceable tracking number and then claim you have received the package.  I actually found the package at the post office and when I opened it, it was not my order at all.  Now this fraudulent company, Shopping Technology Co, (which is not the company they sold the clothing under) states that I must send the package back to China at my considerable expense (estimates for shipping ranged from $60 to $160 for trackable shipping) before they will issue my refund.  PayPal is siding with this company even after I sent them pictures of what was in the package!  I am truly disgusted with these companies who are actively conning people and know how to work around the system, but I am even more disgusted with PayPal for allowing them to utilize PayPal as an accomplice to their scams.  Almost FOUR months later, and I am still fighting with PayPal for a refund.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.