fraud

crow22
Contributor
Contributor
has anyone had trouble with a seller she swish limited i bought from seller but when i emailed seller i got a reply saying this seller is a fraud and is being investigated the last 2 years for selling and receiveing payment through paypal
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@crow22 

Wait...you wrote to seller and seller replied that it’s a fraudulent company?

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @crow22. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. PayPal wants the online marketplace to be as safe as possible, but we're here to help if there's a problem with a purchase.

Contacting a seller is the best first step if there's a problem with not receiving a purchase or if what was received is not as described. If direct contact with the merchant doesn't work, submitting a dispute to PayPal may help. If the situation is still not resolved after communicating with the seller via the dispute, the case can be escalated to a claim and PayPal will make a decision on how to settle things.

Please check out https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it's-different-... for more information on how to submit a dispute to PayPal and, if needed, escalate it to a claim.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

alphamuc

Paypal doesn't really protect customers. Althought there is even a thread that this company is fraudulent, Paypal continues trading with them.

If the client loses the deadline of TWENTY DAYS to request the money back, the buyer, who should be protected by Paypal loses all.

The deadline is not made clear once someone opens one case for investigation. I fell extremelly upset and won't use Paypal in the future anymore.

Will be sharing my experience with friends and family and continue paying with Creditcard.

Login to Me Too

MarySuski
Bull I went through the seller no response PayPal notified and said I had a dispute. Now they tell me they closed my dispute because I didnt respond to their statements which is bullcrap. I responded every week I text PayPal. Now I am out $23.00. This is not fair cause I found out PayPal has numerous complaints from this company and hasn't done a thing. I don't know who is more of a fraud PayPal or swish limited
Login to Me Too

Sanheppy
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered from this company 2 months ago non delivery did what PayPal suggested and have contacted pay pal 5 times ,they ve done nothing and now closed the dispute ,waste of time and money ,would not recommend pay pal at all
Login to Me Too

judeech
New Community Member

I also ordered from smiley-homey aka she swish limited.  The ad was on facebook and I paid threw paypal come to find out many fraud claims were make about this company.  I filed a case with paypal so we will see what happens.  I am out $40.00 Oh by the way they charged me 2 times for the order also.  People BEWARE!!

Login to Me Too

Marty68uk
Contributor
Contributor

placed two orders, one arrived but crushed, damaged and unusable. 
contacted directly... no response ever. 

raised matter with PayPal.... since complaints on this site too. 

if you report NON-DELIVERY.... usually a China Post parcel will be sent with a much lesser item in lieu of original order with tracking. 
‘However, if they do send anything, they’ll offer refund upon receipt of RETURN... yet, customer never received original order, so when you do return item sent via tracked, insured overseas post, the seller declines refund since they claim they sent you original order... something worth less than a $0.10 was sent and received. 

Then seller implies customer is committing fraud implemented by SELLER... and PayPal side with seller, since no matter if legitimate transaction or Fraudulent...sellers make PayPal money. 

Login to Me Too

7893Wendy
Contributor
Contributor
Me too (twice bitten) didn’t realise the second time as advertised under a different name. First was end of November’19 and the second time 4th April
Login to Me Too

Kydr
New Community Member
If pay pal has received several complaints regarding this merchant, why would they allow others to make purchases through pay pal? Why wouldn’t some type of possible fraud alert come up to warn future purchasers to prevent them from falling into the same trap? Seems like pay pal would want to protect their customers. If there is no protection and they can charge you twice through pay pal seems like you have no more protection than using your credit card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.