fraud in china

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone else had the misfortune of purchasing a bluetooth camera from

Highlife Technology Ltd.

<removed> Yongfu Street, Bao'an District Shenzhen, Guangdong 518000 C2only to receive a $3 cheap chinese orca camera and after complaining to PayPal to be told to returning register the $3 camera at a cost of $21 and ...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gusart

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-f...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gusart

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-f...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately as soon as you open a dispute you can no longer communicate with PayPal I am sure if it was possible I would be more than happy to send pictures of the junk that I received along with original package and post marks but all that PayPal allows is send a receipt of return post no. and as we know it would only be around 10% of claims that would bother throwing more money at the problem therefore you get to keep all the fees that you charged the seller . and yes I tried to email replies to PayPal saying I have the item with the packaging it arrived in so can prove what I received is not what I paid for and all emails just bounce back the same as when I  tried to email the seller I even would have settled for a partial refund deducting the $4 that the camera they sent but once again emails bounce back from seller and PayPal , you aren't interested in proof just profits 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

photos can be altered ,that's why Paypal robot does not watch movie,photos or read love story.

I can buy a Rolex from you and then crush a fake rolex and file dispute.

I would just cha lk it up to experience,small price to pay ,some are not so lucky,they bought 4 tires from Indonesia ,mountain bike from Russia and asked to return them on their own expense  

Login to Me Too

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

and yet pay pals only solution is to try and sell postage insurance like any bank they have become a joke 

Login to Me Too

fordsarefun
New Community Member

Highlife Technology Ltd bait and switch company. Paypal should be ashamed for allowing this company to get away with their fraudulent activities.  

Login to Me Too

chaimlei1

Highlife Technology Ltd bait and switch company.

HIGHLIFE TECHNOLOGY IS A SCAM. BEWARE 

Paypal should be ashamed for allowing this company to get away with their fraudulent activities.  

Login to Me Too

Bwhitmore42
Contributor
Contributor
Why is this ok!!! When you receive counterfeit items from China then they say to return the item for full refund but the shipping cost you more to return it!! Why is this so easy to do? The way it’s explained is that it’s my fault because I made this purchase from them, what is buyer protection anyway? Pay pal turns a blind eye to this, why don’t I have the protection for using their service??
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bwhitmore42 

Buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, it gives you some protection but the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

If you took 10 mins to read up on buyer protection then you would have already known you have to return items for a refund at your own cost.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

it's funny how the seller admitted fault immediately and said return item but PayPal is more interested in trying to cover their own **bleep** by calling everyone else liars and cheats but I have a flawless record dealing on PayPal as both buyer and seller but then I don't stand to lose the thousands in fees that these crook pay you do I 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.